12-12-2011 12:35 AM
170 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I manually loaded EP4 on my girlfriend's phone yesterday. Shortly after she bought it, I had rooted and loaded GummyCharge because I was sick to death of the ten minute GPS lock.

Well, yesterday we wiped and flashed back to bone stock Froyo then updated to GB manually...and we're back to the ten minute GPS lock again.

Friggen fantastic.
    12-01-2011 06:54 PM
    I manually loaded EP4 on my girlfriend's phone yesterday. Shortly after she bought it, I had rooted and loaded GummyCharge because I was sick to death of the ten minute GPS lock.

Well, yesterday we wiped and flashed back to bone stock Froyo then updated to GB manually...and we're back to the ten minute GPS lock again.

Friggen fantastic.
    These are the kind of things I was worried about. I'm running leaked ep4 from a couple of weeks ago and its running with no issues. My gps locks in 30 to 45 secs...not instantly, but still. You wonder if they actually test these "official" updates, or just push out something just to make us happy.

I'm thinking there will be more "stuff" coming out. Further reinforces my desire NOT to take the ota.
    12-01-2011 07:17 PM
    Any idea how many DCs are out here in the wild? Giving us some idea as to whether 30 days is nonsense or not?
    12-01-2011 08:52 PM

Friggen fantastic.
    I updated manually two days ago and still had the everlong GPS lock issues. i bit the bullet and did a factory restore this afternoon and *so far* have had drastically improved GPS response. Of course, i had to reinstall apps, set the phone back up my way, etc (PITA).

Mileage may vary, but it may be worth trying...
    12-01-2011 09:29 PM
    I'm running PBJT with voodoo fix.

Do I let it update?
    12-02-2011 04:46 AM
    Got the update this morning and I'd have to say that at first glance I'm not impressed. The toolbar launch buttons appear to have split second launch lag now that wasn't present before. I'm also not a fan of the new grey/green overlay; it really farked up the beautiful base screen color! You may not notice depending on the wallpaper you've established; I'm running the live beach...now my beach and water look like it has algae growth as there's a green/grey overlay on it. UGGGHHH! The overlay is also very apparent at the terminal scroll extent on a page. If you pull up any page that scrolls up/down or left/right (webpages, contacts, messaging) you'll see a pumpkin colored bleeding as you try to pull past the end of the page. Never happened before....it's driving me nuts! I swear if this update doesn't fix the call quality, rebooting, 4G/3G/1x cycling, data drops, etc, etc, etc, of this stupid phone I'm going to lose it!
    gypsy76#AC likes this.
    12-02-2011 08:06 AM
    Is the new Color an GB or Verizon or Samsung thing?
    12-02-2011 08:10 AM
    My update was awaiting me this morning however due to time I cannot play around much with it. Got to try the GPS (mine has always locked in 10-30 seconds) and I hope that don't get messed up. Also have to check the bluetooth and like everyone is wondering the battery. I can see an improvement in web browsing right off the bat. More later.
    12-02-2011 08:22 AM
    I must be an *****. I have tried the download and update.zip method, but keep getting the triangle error message with the android character. I have downloaded the file from different links on my mac, dragged the folder over to the root folder, changed the folder to .zip and saved and still have not been able to install. I have made sure I am holding the volume up, power and home button. I then use the volume button to select the update.zip and then hit home to select. What am I doing wrong. Thanks.
    12-02-2011 08:57 AM
    You may need to put the update file directly on the root of the sd card. Don't create a folder.
    12-02-2011 09:48 AM
    Still nothing here. Auburn NY

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    12-02-2011 10:10 AM
    I must be an *****. I have tried the download and update.zip method, but keep getting the triangle error message with the android character. I have downloaded the file from different links on my mac, dragged the folder over to the root folder, changed the folder to .zip and saved and still have not been able to install. I have made sure I am holding the volume up, power and home button. I then use the volume button to select the update.zip and then hit home to select. What am I doing wrong. Thanks.
    If you have a virus scanner turn it off.
    Also if your battery is pulled out try booting into download mode with it in or vice versa if the battery has been in.

12-02-2011 10:12 AM
    Sorry, what i downloaded comes in it's own folder and I renamed it update.zip. Are you saying I need to just copy over the contacts of this folder, if so, which one gets named update.zip. Thanks.
    12-02-2011 10:15 AM
    I'm in the suburbs of Chicago and I had the update waiting for me this morning when I woke up. I haven't messed with it too much yet because of work, but hoping to see what it can do tonight. I did try to start up the GPS this morning on the way to work and it still seemed to be having an issue getting locked. I hope that's not the case, but I'll have to see tonight.
    12-02-2011 10:34 AM
    Still nothing here. Auburn NY

It looks like they're not rolling out based on region. I'm upstate from you. Maybe they're doing it by phone activation date?

Although some are reporting faster internet connectivity, I'm not seeing much difference at all. I'm in a 4G area, so maybe it's zippier on the 3G side?
    12-02-2011 10:44 AM
    I updated manually two days ago and still had the everlong GPS lock issues. i bit the bullet and did a factory restore this afternoon and *so far* have had drastically improved GPS response. Of course, i had to reinstall apps, set the phone back up my way, etc (PITA).

Mileage may vary, but it may be worth trying...
    If it were my phone, no question, I'd do it, but my girlfriend HATES to reinstall apps. Granted perception is much worse than reality, as 45 minutes later her phone is up and running again.

After employing some suggestions from other threads (run GPS Status, allow roaming data while traveling) we managed to get some pretty quick locks yesterday. Not sure if coincidence and the fixes were placebos, but I'll take it.
    12-02-2011 10:52 AM

Sorry, what i downloaded comes in it's own folder and I renamed it update.zip. Are you saying I need to just copy over the contacts of this folder, if so, which one gets named update.zip. Thanks.
    What you should have downloaded was ONE *.zip file. You (or your mac) must have extracted it unknowingly because that's how megaupload/fileshare files are downloaded. Not sure if it's even possible to directly download a folder with contents.

I'd try redownloading, making sure you or your computer doesn't extract the contents of your download. Then rename it update (zip is file extension) and drag that to the root directory of your SD card, then run stock recovery. Stock recovery checks there.
    12-02-2011 10:54 AM
    I still haven't gotten it :-/ i have a las Vegas number, but in central Florida
    12-02-2011 01:01 PM
    I think they are pushing GB to phones randomly. I got my GB this morning, my wife phone still won't update. Same house, Same account, Same activision date.
    starbuckk likes this.
    12-02-2011 01:38 PM
    Installed this morning.
    GPS definitely improved, too early to tell about other functions. All apps seem to be working OK.

I did notice that the "wait" and "pause" functions in the dialer had apparently changed. I had to edit the number for my work voice-mail, because it substituted a "7" in place of the pause. (P is on the 7 key on a regular phone keypad). Now wait is ";" and pause is ","
    gcat8888 likes this.
    12-02-2011 02:08 PM
    I wish i could pull it -.- i hate waiting lol
    12-02-2011 02:27 PM
    I wish i could pull it -.- i hate waiting lol
    (picture Bevis here). heh...heh...heh.... he said he wishes he could pull it.... heh, heh.... heh.....
    vwarnick and arctic388 like this.
    12-02-2011 03:00 PM
    Which will arrive first, Gingerbread or ICS via Galaxy Nexus?

12-02-2011 03:13 PM
    My GF is still waiting in SoCal for it.....
    12-02-2011 03:18 PM
    Got my OTA update this morning around 10:00 A.M. GPS was an insta-lock. Data connection and reception seems to be better. Haven't had much of a chance to check anything else.
    12-02-2011 04:18 PM
170 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD