EP4 OTA arrived and installed.

Cady

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Got the update this morning and I'd have to say that at first glance I'm not impressed. The toolbar launch buttons appear to have split second launch lag now that wasn't present before. I'm also not a fan of the new grey/green overlay; it really farked up the beautiful base screen color! You may not notice depending on the wallpaper you've established; I'm running the live beach...now my beach and water look like it has algae growth as there's a green/grey overlay on it. UGGGHHH! The overlay is also very apparent at the terminal scroll extent on a page. If you pull up any page that scrolls up/down or left/right (webpages, contacts, messaging) you'll see a pumpkin colored bleeding as you try to pull past the end of the page. Never happened before....it's driving me nuts! I swear if this update doesn't fix the call quality, rebooting, 4G/3G/1x cycling, data drops, etc, etc, etc, of this stupid phone I'm going to lose it!

Last edited:
Reactions: gypsy76#AC

mkoronka

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My update was awaiting me this morning however due to time I cannot play around much with it. Got to try the GPS (mine has always locked in 10-30 seconds) and I hope that don't get messed up. Also have to check the bluetooth and like everyone is wondering the battery. I can see an improvement in web browsing right off the bat. More later.

jwalker007

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I must be an idiot. I have tried the download and update.zip method, but keep getting the triangle error message with the android character. I have downloaded the file from different links on my mac, dragged the folder over to the root folder, changed the folder to .zip and saved and still have not been able to install. I have made sure I am holding the volume up, power and home button. I then use the volume button to select the update.zip and then hit home to select. What am I doing wrong. Thanks.

Simpson8

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I must be an idiot. I have tried the download and update.zip method, but keep getting the triangle error message with the android character. I have downloaded the file from different links on my mac, dragged the folder over to the root folder, changed the folder to .zip and saved and still have not been able to install. I have made sure I am holding the volume up, power and home button. I then use the volume button to select the update.zip and then hit home to select. What am I doing wrong. Thanks.

If you have a virus scanner turn it off.
Also if your battery is pulled out try booting into download mode with it in or vice versa if the battery has been in.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

jwalker007

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, what i downloaded comes in it's own folder and I renamed it update.zip. Are you saying I need to just copy over the contacts of this folder, if so, which one gets named update.zip. Thanks.

NIUHuskie

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the suburbs of Chicago and I had the update waiting for me this morning when I woke up. I haven't messed with it too much yet because of work, but hoping to see what it can do tonight. I did try to start up the GPS this morning on the way to work and it still seemed to be having an issue getting locked. I hope that's not the case, but I'll have to see tonight.

Cady

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Still nothing here. Auburn NY

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

It looks like they're not rolling out based on region. I'm upstate from you. Maybe they're doing it by phone activation date?

Although some are reporting faster internet connectivity, I'm not seeing much difference at all. I'm in a 4G area, so maybe it's zippier on the 3G side?

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I updated manually two days ago and still had the everlong GPS lock issues. i bit the bullet and did a factory restore this afternoon and *so far* have had drastically improved GPS response. Of course, i had to reinstall apps, set the phone back up my way, etc (PITA).

Mileage may vary, but it may be worth trying...

If it were my phone, no question, I'd do it, but my girlfriend HATES to reinstall apps. Granted perception is much worse than reality, as 45 minutes later her phone is up and running again.

After employing some suggestions from other threads (run GPS Status, allow roaming data while traveling) we managed to get some pretty quick locks yesterday. Not sure if coincidence and the fixes were placebos, but I'll take it.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Sorry, what i downloaded comes in it's own folder and I renamed it update.zip. Are you saying I need to just copy over the contacts of this folder, if so, which one gets named update.zip. Thanks.

What you should have downloaded was ONE *.zip file. You (or your mac) must have extracted it unknowingly because that's how megaupload/fileshare files are downloaded. Not sure if it's even possible to directly download a folder with contents.

I'd try redownloading, making sure you or your computer doesn't extract the contents of your download. Then rename it update (zip is file extension) and drag that to the root directory of your SD card, then run stock recovery. Stock recovery checks there.

tuleja

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I think they are pushing GB to phones randomly. I got my GB this morning, my wife phone still won't update. Same house, Same account, Same activision date.

Reactions: starbuckk

graybeardnc

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Installed this morning.
GPS definitely improved, too early to tell about other functions. All apps seem to be working OK.

I did notice that the "wait" and "pause" functions in the dialer had apparently changed. I had to edit the number for my work voice-mail, because it substituted a "7" in place of the pause. (P is on the 7 key on a regular phone keypad). Now wait is ";" and pause is ","

Reactions: gcat8888

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Got my OTA update this morning around 10:00 A.M. GPS was an insta-lock. Data connection and reception seems to be better. Haven't had much of a chance to check anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC