12-12-2011 12:35 AM
170 ... 567
tools
    I'm not overly impressed with the GB upgrade, compared to what Motorola did with GB upgrade for DroidX Samsung really kept this about as stock as you could. But I'm happy to see that Juice Defender will now work with the Charge after the GB upgrade. Hoping to really get some good battery life results once again.
    12-03-2011 06:04 PM
    Come on now. Mine went a full 9.5 hrs before it did the normal random reboot. That's real progress.
    LOL. Same here.
    12-03-2011 06:25 PM
    After I did a factory reset, that seemed to have fixed all my problems. ROBOTO (fun classic platformer) used to run like garbage, it was unplayable on Froyo, but now it's working 95% of the time very well.

However, the stock music app seems broken now. I used to use the stock music app all the time (because of it's playcount compatibility with iSyncr), but now listening to the same songs, the music is constantly stuttering and with one song the music volume keeps fading in and out, but only at the end of the song, the rest of the song plays fine. Anyone know of other music apps that work with iSyncr's playcount tracking?

The google music app works perfectly fine, but it doesn't support iSyncr's playcount tracking.
    12-03-2011 08:39 PM
    I received the OTA for GB yesterday morning in Pelham, Alabama about 7:30 CST.
    All went well, no problems.
    12-04-2011 08:19 AM
    Were there issues with juice defender before? I did have to reset my JD settings after the update. It reverted to balanced mode. I had advanced settings. Can't say I had issues before though.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    12-04-2011 02:27 PM
    I had some problems using Juice Defender with Froyo. It made the data reconnection problem worse when leaving a wifi area. Also it would mess up my Bluetooth connection in my car. JD openly acknowledged there were problems with the Charge on their website. They were hoping GB update would take care of it. I want to start using it again but I'm gonna wait and see if the problems have been corrected with the update first.
    12-04-2011 02:49 PM
    Ok. I had a once in a great while loss of data connection that required a reboot but I heard that was an issue with the phone. I turned off JD managing the data connection because of it. If it was a JD problem guess I'll try turning it back on.

12-05-2011 09:26 AM
    Battery life is definitely improved w/this update.
    Microcosm likes this.
    12-05-2011 10:00 AM
    I had some problems using Juice Defender with Froyo. It made the data reconnection problem worse when leaving a wifi area. Also it would mess up my Bluetooth connection in my car. JD openly acknowledged there were problems with the Charge on their website. They were hoping GB update would take care of it. I want to start using it again but I'm gonna wait and see if the problems have been corrected with the update first.
    So far JD seems to play nice with the Charge after the gb update. Not sure if I get battery performance, will try without JD tomorrow and see if how battery is comparing against today when I had JD enabled.

12-05-2011 04:28 PM
    I'm interested to hear what you find. Keep us posted.

Rich
    12-05-2011 04:32 PM
    The battery life doubled on my phone!!!
    AWWWWWWWWW YEAHHHHHHHHHHH
    12-05-2011 10:19 PM
    WiFi Hotspot & Tether no longer works after update! Hopefully the developer can fix this...
    12-06-2011 02:00 PM
    I'm interested to hear what you find. Keep us posted.

Rich
    So, ran a short test with GB update with and without Juice Defender. I won't claim this is scientific but should be representational. The bottom line, seems JD consumes more juice than it saves.

Day1 with JD enabled 78% battery life left after 3hrs 15min use, that's only about 15 hours of projected life for full charge.

Dsy2 with JD disabled, 78% battery life left after 4hrs 30min use, that's 21 hours of projected battery life for full charge.

Battery was fully charged at the start of each day, some battery. About the same usage each day. Oddly JD stats showed I was getting 2x battery life, but actual analysis shows quite the opposite. So much for JD stats.

I'll look at this over a couple more days but found this very interesting and thought I'd share.

12-06-2011 03:38 PM
    Thanks for the study. Can you also tell us what settings you used? I found balanced mode to be pretty ineffective. Some custom combinations based on usage needs seems best.

12-06-2011 06:59 PM
    I used Advanced settings, configured slightly. This showed the "best" overall improvement based on JD's estimate (I was running slightly over 2.0x. The balanced typically showed under 1.7x. On both days I did my testing I was in same physical location (my work office) so all environmental factors should be the same. I used to swear by JD, but unless I see something different over the next few days I think it's time to put that on the pile of has-bend apps as maybe the OS is now smarter overall than what JD can squeeze.
    12-06-2011 09:27 PM
    SVTP WiFi Hotspot & Tether now works with update!
    12-07-2011 11:07 AM
    SVTP WiFi Hotspot & Tether now works with update!
    yes I just got it it works great.... hopefully big red can't track the use of it

sent from my Verizon Droid Charge using Tapatalk.
    12-07-2011 02:19 PM
    Has anyone else noticed that with the GB update, the Market App updater now only downloads one update at a time?

Before I could start multiple downloads and they would run simultaneously, bit there sequential. Also the count of the number of apps to update is wrong, by two.
    12-08-2011 08:09 AM
    I did multiple downloads but did notice that notification bar said there were updates that did not exist
    12-08-2011 08:47 AM
    Back to the Thunderbolt after endless reboot of droid logo loop.

They gave me a charge after the issues with the Thunderbolt random reboots after an update (Is there a theme here?) needed a phone to call with at least. Now that I have the Thunderbolt back so much better!
    Message indication LED. No lag between screens, GPS in seconds, email refreshes in 5 min not 15. Have not lost a data connection in 3 days etc. If you have problems with Charge and want an alternative phone I recommend the Bolt.
    12-12-2011 12:35 AM
170 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD