EP4 OTA arrived and installed.

Jhett

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I got my update as well. Also in California. San Jose, specifically. Mine took about a half-hour, but I had to charge the battery some before it would let me start installing. Gotta say, though... Not a huge difference at first glance. I'll have to take a more in-depth look tomorrow.

squane123

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
East coast, Philadelphia area, received mine at approximately 0615 hrs. Not seeing much of a difference.

Edit- ok I have found the first real difference, before the update, I rarely would be able to listen to my Sirius App abd Surf the net. It would consistently cut out and stop working. I have been in and out of Android Central and listening to Howard Stern flawlessly. Maybe it was just an issue with my phone or maybe it is an actual fix. Either way I am happy.

Also able to scroll full circle when going through apps. No longer have to go back after getting all the way to the left or right.

Edit- Oh, and more Verizon Bloatware, approximately 5 more undeleteable apps...

Last edited:

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
5 minutes is turning into 30 plus now that their servers are slowing down with people updating!

I'm only 1/2 way and it's been like 15 minutes! Re-booting now, took about 28 minutes on 3G for me.

Yessss, that amazing free program still works . . . "silent boot" I was worried about that still working after the update.
Always hated that stupid DROIOOOOOD followed by the breaking glass!

For those that don't know how to check to see if they already have the update alert on their phone I just sent this below to a friend that has a Charge:

To check for the update: press left button>settings>scroll to bottom of list and click on: about
then> system updates. If you received the update it will say so. If so, click on it. the phone reboots and then installs the update. Says it takes 5=10 minutes. Mine took like 25-30 because so many users are doing it at the same time which makes VZ's servers slow down. Once you start the update ***Don"t turn phone off if the orange bar seems stuck in one spot. It will eventually finish on it's own and then re-boot.

Last edited:

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe even after the update that I'm still getting this STUPID email that alerts me that I have a new email and then I have to scroll down to the bottom of the list each time and the email says: Unreadable and it is dated 1969!

I delete it and it comes back again. It was doing this a month ago every day and then it finally went away. Only on my Yahoo account.

I know I've read some fixes like don't use the stock settings account, but we should not have to screw around with it especailly after the update.

Thanks Verizon and Yahoo!

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Installed OTA this morning 11/30/2011 in Columbus, Ohio. Everything's working great. Not a big fan of the new color scheme, though, if you're gonna do brown, stick with it! :D

digmydroidx

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who hasn't gotten it yet? What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

No...I am in ma. And nothing here yet.....patiently waiting....then its root and a wifi tether program. Then will be happy....if I can get obe to work. That's the only thi g I like about froyo is a hotspot widget from the market and itworks...no big red

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
There was a response from vzw on the vzw forums indicating only about 20k updates would be pushed out at first. Then if that went without a hitch, the major push would happen thursday and friday

Sent from the Shark tank using Tapatalk

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
There was a response from vzw on the vzw forums indicating only about 20k updates would be pushed out at first. Then if that went without a hitch, the major push would happen thursday and friday

Sent from the Shark tank using Tapatalk

Drat. Why is it the only time my number comes up it's for jury duty?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463