EP4 OTA arrived and installed.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Heads up everyone. I've seen two people on different forums report they are receiving notification of the GB OTA even though they were running a custom ROM. One accepted the OTA and soft bricked their phone. Both users were running Gummy GBE 2.1, so I don't know if it is just limited to that ROM. If you are running a custom ROM and receive a notification that the OTA is available on your phone, do not accept the OTA. If you want to get the OTA, ODIN back to fully stock EE4 before accepting the OTA.

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have the file for download? I'm in rochester new york and haven't had a sign of the o t a yet...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting here in Chicago.... for those who have the update, any improvement in the GPS?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting here in Chicago.... for those who have the update, any improvement in the GPS?

I'm in the Chicago Burbs. I used the update.zip file, just went into Google maps for the first time, cold, without using GPS aides, faster fix, turbo GPS, or any other tweaks or enhancements, and got a lock to within 10 meters in 4 seconds. Oh, and I'm indoors too.

Reactions: Bob61

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Man i just did the manual update and this is a competely dufferent phone, so much smoother and faster. And i didnt wipe, so i can really tell a difference. Much better, about damn time stupid samsung

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
To those that received the update, a couple questions.

1. What's the new color scheme?

2. Can the app drawer be sorted alphabetically?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the Chicago Burbs. I used the update.zip file, just went into Google maps for the first time, cold, without using GPS aides, faster fix, turbo GPS, or any other tweaks or enhancements, and got a lock to within 10 meters in 4 seconds. Oh, and I'm indoors too.

Great, looking forward to getting the update.

cookemandan

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine works great did a manual install of the update.zip and the radios seem a lot better! A lot quicker too! I am sure Verizon will get a lot less calls on this phone now!

cookemandan

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
To those that received the update, a couple questions.

1. What's the new color scheme?

2. Can the app drawer be sorted alphabetically?

Thamks.

There is an app called Appzorter in the market it will organize all apps with touchwiz. If you don't like touchwiz just install a different launcher like GOLauncher which is very custom you can even install a different lockscreen now.

Reactions: Lodingi

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
If I'm on a custom kernel can i up date or do i need to go to the stock EE4. Sorry running stock with root saved everthmg to SD card not deodexed.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If I'm on a custom kernel can i up date or do i need to go to the stock EE4. Sorry running stock with root saved everthmg to SD card not deodexed.

Traditionally you could be rooted and get OTA, but not if you had custom kernel. There have been 2 people at other forums reporting they received the OTA while running GummyCharged. No one else reporting the same, so as far as I'm concerned the old rules still apply.

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Is their away to flash via clockwork the ee4 kernel not home till this weekend on vacation and only have my wife's netbook and that just would not work for this.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is their away to flash via clockwork the ee4 kernel not home till this weekend on vacation and only have my wife's netbook and that just would not work for this.

I don't remember seeing just the stock EE4 kernel anywhere

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac