EP4 OTA arrived and installed.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Soooo, no one read my post from above? For the majority of Charge owners the OTA will not even start be pushed out until Noon Eastern time on Thursday 12/1 at the earliest. I guess I should have also mentioned that info came from VZW support.

I read it, I think everyone is just excited. Also some people got it already. I'm sure from seeing your post most of us will get it today and friday.

rorkin

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Soooo, no one read my post from above? For the majority of Charge owners the OTA will not even start be pushed out until Noon Eastern time on Thursday 12/1 at the earliest. I guess I should have also mentioned that info came from VZW support.

isnt 11:59 PM one min b4 midnight Thursday night ,not noon :)

Reactions: bafrench

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
isnt 11:59 PM one min b4 midnight Thursday night ,not noon :)

You're right. My bad. Was doing too many things at once & was also frustrated that no one seemed to be paying attention to the fact that the large majority of us would not be receiving the OTA yesterday. Post fixed. Thank you for pointing that out

Sent from the Shark tank using Tapatalk

cmfdavis

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any idea if we would be so lucky as to have the "Camera flash/phone shut off" issue or the WiFi connectivity issues corrected? I know some said it was probably a hardware or possibly a battery issue... My 'ol lady is about to throw her phone off the bridge because she can't take pics and it's just overall a horrible phone. Mine isn't too bad but it's DEF not great. My old EVO blows this thing away and I'm hoping this update helps speed things up!!

SCDroidman

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Guess I was one of the lucky ones and one of the first. I got mine Tuesday morning with no problems or issues in the download and install. I didn't realize they had just started the roll-out.

Plucknbach

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Soooo, no one read my post from above? For the majority of Charge owners the OTA will not even start be pushed out until Midnight Eastern time on Friday 12/2 at the earliest. I guess I should have also mentioned that info came from VZW support.

Thanks Shark,

I read you post after I posted.

GramieDroid

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry LandShark: I just couldn't contain myself! Hehe this is the most exciting thing for the Charge since it came out. I do appreciate all your tips!

frozzy24

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
:-\ I have not received the update yet here in Mesa, AZ but I never knew anything about it until I was reading here a few days ago...no biggie. The extra wait time for them to work out any kinks will be just fine with me, lol. I'm off to go lurk on some more threads now, I may have a question or two by the end of this visit to ACF. Thanks for all the info everyone :cool:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was lucky enough to get the update. If there is a new color scheme, I cannot find it. The pull down thing (with the on/off buttons for WiFi/bluetooth/ data/etc.) now has a dark gray background with green icons when on, and light gray when off. (I would post a screenshot, but I have no idea how to get that from my phone to my computer. I was hoping for some sort of all encompassing scheme that changed all the menu backgrounds from browns and yellows, but if that is a capability, I have not found it yet. In all, the phone seems to work a bit better; the response times are quicker. But the visual bells and whistles don't seem to have changed very much. Has anyone else been able to find goodies with this update that I haven't?

Apparently the "new color scheme" is simply that. The quick panel in the dropdown menu is now gray background with the green icons instead of the brown background with yellow icons if I remember correctly. As long as there were no problems encountered, we should start to see the rollout occur around midnight Eastern time. Which would probably mean we will start to see the OTA some time tomorrow unless you want to stay up late tonight. I know the OTA will be pushed out in batches, I just don't know what ordering system they use. I've seen it posted they will start with the East coast, then southeast, then midwest........you get the idea. But regardless, the majority of us should be seeing it in the next few days. I will continue to be splitting my time between the Charge and Fascinate forums since lucky for me, verizon decided to push the GB OTAs for both phones at the same time. But if I'm around and can help or answer questions, I will. And once everyone who wants it gets the OTA, then we can all start chatting in giddy anticipation of the custom ROMs the devs will be able to produce with his OTA and the source which was released last week. Happy Gingerbread all!!! :cool:

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I manually loaded EP4 on my girlfriend's phone yesterday. Shortly after she bought it, I had rooted and loaded GummyCharge because I was sick to death of the ten minute GPS lock.

Well, yesterday we wiped and flashed back to bone stock Froyo then updated to GB manually...and we're back to the ten minute GPS lock again.

Friggen fantastic.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I manually loaded EP4 on my girlfriend's phone yesterday. Shortly after she bought it, I had rooted and loaded GummyCharge because I was sick to death of the ten minute GPS lock.

Well, yesterday we wiped and flashed back to bone stock Froyo then updated to GB manually...and we're back to the ten minute GPS lock again.

Friggen fantastic.

These are the kind of things I was worried about. I'm running leaked ep4 from a couple of weeks ago and its running with no issues. My gps locks in 30 to 45 secs...not instantly, but still. You wonder if they actually test these "official" updates, or just push out something just to make us happy.

I'm thinking there will be more "stuff" coming out. Further reinforces my desire NOT to take the ota.

lomad

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Friggen fantastic.

I updated manually two days ago and still had the everlong GPS lock issues. i bit the bullet and did a factory restore this afternoon and *so far* have had drastically improved GPS response. Of course, i had to reinstall apps, set the phone back up my way, etc (PITA).

Mileage may vary, but it may be worth trying...