EP4 OTA arrived and installed.

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Blah, I got the update and am extremely disappointed with this phone. This damn phone still lags (but it's a little better than before), it's freezing on me (screen won't wake up after waiting 2 minutes and pressing the power button multiple times) I'm about to pull the battery for the second time now in roughly 10 minutes of usage. The boot up time is still extremely long and it takes a very long time to scan the SD card.

But the worst offender of all, is that they didn't fix the biggest annoying glitch which was the phone not recognizing apps installed to the SD card. 80% of my apps won't load and almost all my games won't load since they are on the SD card. The phone recognizes everything saved on the internal phone memory just fine.

Every time I boot up the phone it annoyingly asks me to turn on my mobile data. What the heck? Stop asking me that! I'll turn it on when I damn well please! Can we turn this message off? What a damn poor effort from Samsung and Verizon. I need to root this thing already and have the awesome devs pick up where the failure conglomerate companies left off. :mad:

Cady

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else who got the OTA update seeing the pumpkin color 'bleed' when the page hits scroll limits, or is it just another glitch on my phone only? It's seriously making me ill! :p

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else who got the OTA update seeing the pumpkin color 'bleed' when the page hits scroll limits, or is it just another glitch on my phone only? It's seriously making me ill! :p

Its a new feature. I dont know if its Samsung specific or Gingerbread, but it is intentional.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I think they are pushing GB to phones randomly. I got my GB this morning, my wife phone still won't update. Same house, Same account, Same activision date.

I'm guessing ESN. Geography and account date don't seem to matter.

I should probably not be in a hurry. All seems well on my phone. GPS, email, speed all good. I'd like to video chat with yahoo on the front camera but not a biggie for now. Yah I know you can already with skype but I don't have any skype contacts.

But I'm still impatient ;). C'mon Verizon let em rip!

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Blah, I got the update and am extremely disappointed with this phone. This damn phone still lags (but it's a little better than before), it's freezing on me (screen won't wake up after waiting 2 minutes and pressing the power button multiple times) I'm about to pull the battery for the second time now in roughly 10 minutes of usage. The boot up time is still extremely long and it takes a very long time to scan the SD card.

But the worst offender of all, is that they didn't fix the biggest annoying glitch which was the phone not recognizing apps installed to the SD card. 80% of my apps won't load and almost all my games won't load since they are on the SD card. The phone recognizes everything saved on the internal phone memory just fine.

Every time I boot up the phone it annoyingly asks me to turn on my mobile data. What the heck? Stop asking me that! I'll turn it on when I damn well please! Can we turn this message off? What a damn poor effort from Samsung and Verizon. I need to root this thing already and have the awesome devs pick up where the failure conglomerate companies left off. :mad:

darn!! looks like yer disgusted!
phone will not recognize some things on sd card.. well if they are widgets ,, it wont...
usually one fast push on button will make changes.. i got into that mess and when i settled down and slightly pressed the power button it stayed where i wanted it....
Mobile data is used more by Google than Verizon..
when you set the ph up,, google ask for it to be turned on.. (i guess it gives Google more imput to make maps quicker)
I see all these folks with bad Droid Charges.. and so far since i got the Charge it is has never failed me. oh GPS might be off a tad when i turn it on in the house , but it gives me time to make lane changes etc .. its usually takes it a few minutes at first but once i enter my address manually its there each time. i've had my apps on sd card before and they worked but widgets wont.. and some apps wont.. its not a charge thing its whoever designed that apps fault as to where it will run...

I must add that i live in a fringe area and owned a Fascinate at first,, now there was a "Damned Phone"
it would not even update its self from eclair to froyo untill i went off mtn and downtown. wouldnt allow me to have calls in/out.. it always turned my words into he e th wa ten may language.. skipped so bad i started to crush it while someone was listening to get satisfaction for buying it to begin with.. now if anyone had a fascinate like mine was ,,,, well they would be so happy with the charge ,, they wouldnt know how to act... i understand yer frustration and hope it (the phone) soon settles down.. or maybe they will let ya borrow my old Fascinate... crap anything beats its performance...
someone here can fix yer problems ,,, they know more than i.

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
darn!! looks like yer disgusted!
phone will not recognize some things on sd card.. well if they are widgets ,, it wont...
usually one fast push on button will make changes.. i got into that mess and when i settled down and slightly pressed the power button it stayed where i wanted it....
Mobile data is used more by Google than Verizon..
when you set the ph up,, google ask for it to be turned on.. (i guess it gives Google more imput to make maps quicker)
I see all these folks with bad Droid Charges.. and so far since i got the Charge it is has never failed me. oh GPS might be off a tad when i turn it on in the house , but it gives me time to make lane changes etc .. its usually takes it a few minutes at first but once i enter my address manually its there each time. i've had my apps on sd card before and they worked but widgets wont.. and some apps wont.. its not a charge thing its whoever designed that apps fault as to where it will run...

I must add that i live in a fringe area and owned a Fascinate at first,, now there was a "Damned Phone"
it would not even update its self from eclair to froyo untill i went off mtn and downtown. wouldnt allow me to have calls in/out.. it always turned my words into he e th wa ten may language.. skipped so bad i started to crush it while someone was listening to get satisfaction for buying it to begin with.. now if anyone had a fascinate like mine was ,,,, well they would be so happy with the charge ,, they wouldnt know how to act... i understand yer frustration and hope it (the phone) soon settles down.. or maybe they will let ya borrow my old Fascinate... crap anything beats its performance...
someone here can fix yer problems ,,, they know more than i.

Unfortunately the problems are mounting now. The phone is plugged into the charger and I'm not touching it but the screen keeps waking up and shutting off on its own, constantly. I can not access the phone until it randomly wakes up on it's own. The phone is not doing -anything- for me. When I did get the chance to use the phone (when it woke up on it's own) I tapped the settings button and it took 30 seconds just to go to the settings menu. Each time the screen shuts off, it's like a mini-reboot, the radios are shut down and it re-asks me if I want to turn on mobile data AND finally it re-scans the SD card for media on it.

I never mentioned anything about widgets, I'm aware they won't work off the SD card, that's not one of my complaints. And yes this is a Droid Charge (or Android in general) issue, because if I reboot the phone enough times (3-5 times or so) the phone will magically realize that I have my apps installed.

This Gingerbread update completely broke my phone. I will try a factory reset and hope for the best. :'(

EDIT: The factory reset seemed to have done the trick! I think... I'll know after using the phone for some time, but maybe now I can finally love my phone? I sure hope so!

Last edited:

mkoronka

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I am as well however I am not too disturbed about it as I am very happy with GB. Report to follow.

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Well the customer service woman didnt have any knowledge of an update.. she then transfered me to a tech guy who said he was waiting on it himself and that it was being distributed by serial number and that it could be up to a week in waiting -.-

shaggypolodude

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I got mine...everything seems to be quicker and smoother....I did not like the additional bloatware but I will take it. As for GPS lock it seems to be going a heck of a lot faster than it did before

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Its a new feature. I dont know if its Samsung specific or Gingerbread, but it is intentional.

It's a GB feature. It's called overscroll glow. We just happen to be unfortunate enough to have the Charge and be stuck with that ugly orange color. If I remember correctly the overscroll glow on the Fascinate was blue.

JayHawk9292008

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I posted the following in the Rooting, ROMS, and Hacks Section, hoping for a faster response and thinking this is a more appropriate area to post any ways.

I just got a notification stating that the system has an update available, I am running as followed:
Version: i510.06
Model: SCH-I510
Firmware Version: 2.2.1
Baseband Version: i510.06 V.EE4, SCH-I510.EE1
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9, imnuts@virtualbox #1
Build number: SCH-I510.EE4
If I do the VZW update what is going to happen? Or what are some suggestions? I like how my setup is now, but if this will enhance performance I would like some feedback before I try on my own. Thank You

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Got my gb update overnight. installed smoothly in about 20 minutes. the phone is much faster, without any lag so far. I like you can now scroll the homepages in loop.

FWIW, my Quadrant score has jumped from the 950's before gb to the 1320's. I'm not sure what that means, but it sure sounds impressive! :)

(edit: scores are now in the 1500's and as high as 1685! What does it mean? Is it significant?)

Rich

Last edited:

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
BTW, All my apps and info were there after the update. I had read I would need to reinstall Facebook, but it was there and also working fine.

Rich

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11