All my icons pages are showing many many duplicates icons on every page. This renders it unusable. I re-booted and it's the same thing!

Anyone know a fix for this?

If I go into a program it works. When I leave it the page it's OK again, as soon as I scroll right or left 25 icons appear for each program on each page again?
    11-30-2011 09:13 AM
    All my icons pages are showing many many duplicates icons on every page. This renders it unusable. I re-booted and it's the same thing!

Anyone know a fix for this?

If I go into a program it works. When I leave it the page it's OK again, as soon as I scroll right or left 25 icons appear for each program on each page again?
    try a factory reset.
    11-30-2011 09:25 AM
    try a factory reset.
    That wipes the phone completely! Which means I'd have to restore from a back up and chance losing more information.

I'll wait first to see if others see this same issue after they update and see if there is a better fix rather than factory restore it just yet. But thanks for your reply.

Doesn't mean a factory restore will correct this issue either. If others have the same issue it might have to come from another update to fix it.
    11-30-2011 09:35 AM
    That wipes the phone completely! Which means I'd have to restore from a back up and chance losing more information.

I'll wait first to see if others see this same issue after they update and see if there is a better fix rather than factory restore it just yet. But thanks for your reply.

Doesn't mean a factory restore will correct this issue either. If others have the same issue it might have to come from another update to fix it.
    If you go into a Verizon store that's the first thing there going to tell you to do. You should go ahead and prepare for that. Back up all your stuff. Most of the time after downloading a big update like these, some issues can occur a factory reset often cleans the system out and makes thing work better.
    11-30-2011 09:57 AM
    I just factory reset it. I knew it . . . Same thing. Hundreds of icons!
    I'll try calling VZ.
    11-30-2011 10:17 AM
    Spoke with VZ. She did a second restore and that solved the many icons issue.
    Only problem is now Going to market.android.com will not restore all my 50 apps because I must have originally set it up under another Google account. I've always had issues with Google sign in's so I had to open another account.
    All this was expected by me when ever I do an upgrade. Now I have to re-install all my apps from market place.

Funny how when I upgraded with my iPad to iOS 5 everything went seamless.
    Can't wait for the iPhone 5 to be released and sell this Charge to some lucky Craigslist buyer!
    11-30-2011 12:54 PM
    Only problem is now Going to market.android.com will not restore all my 50 apps because I must have originally set it up under another Google account. I've always had issues with Google sign in's so I had to open another account.
    All this was expected by me when ever I do an upgrade. Now I have to re-install all my apps from market place.

Can't wait for the iPhone 5 to be released and sell this Charge to some lucky Craigslist buyer!
    I'm happy your Apple update was smooth, but I do know that nearly every time we update an iPod at my house we have to start from scratch. I think the music may disappear every time.
    11-30-2011 02:19 PM
    Heads up everyone. I've seen two people on different forums report they are receiving notification of the GB OTA even though they were running a custom ROM. One accepted the OTA and soft bricked their phone. Both users were running Gummy GBE 2.1, so I don't know if it is just limited to that ROM. If you are running a custom ROM and receive a notification that the OTA is available on your phone, do not accept the OTA. If you want to get the OTA, ODIN back to fully stock EE4 before accepting the OTA.
    11-30-2011 02:27 PM

Dont count on it! I updated my ipad one the other day to the latest IOS 5 and lost everything on their. I had to go back to the market and reinstall everything.

On my Android phone all I do is hit titanium backup and everything fixes itself...much better.
    11-30-2011 02:37 PM

That's interesting because my iPad drove me crazy when I upgraded to iOS5. Like kraisydave, it wiped everything off when it "restored." I'm still rebuilding folders.
    11-30-2011 08:46 PM
    I got the up date for my charge this morning and the phone has no issues, no problems at all.
    11-30-2011 09:43 PM
    Titanium Backup requires root. If not rooted, is ther ANY way to back up your phone (computer, sd card???) in case a factory reset is needed after this update? I have too much on this phone that can't be replaced if I have to do a reset.
    12-03-2011 10:53 AM
    The OTA broke my Easytether program. Reinstall did not help. Nice!
    12-03-2011 10:59 AM
    Heed Landsharks advice! I was running the rooted stock ROM (Voodoo Charge Kernel) and running the OTA update soft bricked my phone. It is not limited to Gummy ROM, but rooted phones in general (well, at least mine)
    12-03-2011 11:20 AM
    You ran the OTA over the top of a rooted ROM? It has been said before that you are supposed to return the phone to fully stock before running the OTA. Looks like you've discovered why that is the case.

Check here to see what you need to do with your phone before accepting the OTA.

Jason
    12-03-2011 11:25 AM
    Titanium Backup requires root. If not rooted, is ther ANY way to back up your phone (computer, sd card???) in case a factory reset is needed after this update? I have too much on this phone that can't be replaced if I have to do a reset.
    Use Titanium to back up the info you want saved. Return phone to stock, unrooted EE4, and accept the OTA. Root phone by flashing CWM via Odin, uncheck the box marked auto reboot. After Odin flash a custom kernel via CWM, if you don't flash a custom kernel the stock one will overwrite CWM with stock recovery. Flash SU via CWM, here, and let the phone reboot. Restore, enjoy.

Jason
    12-03-2011 11:31 AM
    Dont count on it! I updated my ipad one the other day to the latest IOS 5 and lost everything on their. I had to go back to the market and reinstall everything.

On my Android phone all I do is hit titanium backup and everything fixes itself...much better.
    LOL did the IOS5 on my Ipad and lost everything(apps) took a long time to
    ITunes everything back to normal.

Jeff
    12-03-2011 04:24 PM
    If you are not rooted, you can download MyBackup or MyBackupPro from the market. Works similar to Titanium and does not require you to be rooted.
    12-03-2011 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD