Has anyone else noticed an improvement in battery life since the OTA update? I know I have, I can get through an entire day without having to charge in my car on the way home from work.
    12-01-2011 08:59 AM
    Has anyone else noticed an improvement in battery life since the OTA update? I know I have, I can get through an entire day without having to charge in my car on the way home from work.
    Big difference for me. Before update with data connection on all day the battery could not make it till evening. Now most times at the end of the day the battery is down to 50%. Also phone is much cooler to the touch.
    bafrench likes this.
    12-01-2011 10:11 AM
    God do I hope battery life gets better. I loose 40% over night (8 hrs) with nothing running and in a 3 bar 3G coverage. Surely is can't get any worse.
    12-01-2011 05:42 PM
    Definitely, I was getting 3-4 hours and after the update yesterday I got 13hours with juice left!
    12-05-2011 07:05 PM
    For the amount of fooling I have done with the phone since the update it is better for me.
    12-05-2011 08:42 PM
    Mine still sucks. I was really hoping for an improvement, my #1 complaint is running out of power towards the end of the workday (~8 hours after unplugging).
    12-05-2011 10:15 PM
    I was on a GB leak with the imo voodoo kernel and got horrible battery life (6-8hrs). Went back to EE4 and took the OTA. I got almost 12hrs today.
    12-05-2011 10:33 PM
    I used to get 3 hours (moderate to heavy use) and now I get 6 hours, so yes lol, the battery life did increase!!
    12-05-2011 11:18 PM
    Mine is better too 43% at 15hr 45m but that is lite data and text and phone . But before update I would have been at about 15-20%.
    12-05-2011 11:25 PM
    My battery is out of this world after the update! I used to get 4-5 hours when I would keep my 4g on at work all day (12 hours). Today I kept my 4g on all day at work-played games, played facebook, texted ppl, etc. Its been 15 hours and I still have 30% left.
    12-06-2011 08:31 PM
    Just an update on battery use. In 10.5 hours of idle use, the phone used 48% of the battery. Yes the phone setting all by it self, with out the GPS or WiFi on, and getting a few e-mails overnight, the phone went from 100% charged to 52%.

The Battery info is:
    Cell standby 47%
    Phone idle 19%
    Android OS 18%
    Display 10%
    Bluetooth 5%
    Android System 2%
    12-07-2011 08:07 AM
    I had player comparison of battery life with and without using juice defender. Surprisingly battery life worse using JD. But based on my brief analysis battery life was projecting to be over 20 hours with GB OS managing the battery and connectivity, in line then with your observation.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    12-07-2011 08:47 AM
    After using JD for a couple days I was running the phone down each day to 10% with about 9.5 - 10 hours of use (just 4g and no wifi). When I tried a couple of days without JD I was getting about 8.5 - 9 hours down to the 10% mark, so it seems JD has helped mine a little. Anything is better than when it was on Froyo lol
    12-10-2011 10:40 AM
    After using JD for a couple days I was running the phone down each day to 10% with about 9.5 - 10 hours of use (just 4g and no wifi). When I tried a couple of days without JD I was getting about 8.5 - 9 hours down to the 10% mark, so it seems JD has helped mine a little. Anything is better than when it was on Froyo lol
    I've compared with and without JD over the past week. I consistently see better battery life without JD enabled. I've yet to experience a comparison when JD enabled performed better. It's hard to get an exact measurement due to difference in usage over a day, and even signal strength (4G, 3G or Wifi), but worse case I have 25% better battery life without JD, and have seen 50%. I used to be a big JD fan (when I had by DroidX), but the GB on Charge manages the connections much more efficiently now.
    12-10-2011 02:38 PM
    I've compared with and without JD over the past week. I consistently see better battery life without JD enabled. I've yet to experience a comparison when JD enabled performed better. It's hard to get an exact measurement due to difference in usage over a day, and even signal strength (4G, 3G or Wifi), but worse case I have 25% better battery life without JD, and have seen 50%. I used to be a big JD fan (when I had by DroidX), but the GB on Charge manages the connections much more efficiently now.
    I totally agree that GB manages the connections/battery usage WAY better than Froyo ever did, but as for the JD on/off advantage, the biggest difference is probably the apps I am constantly running VS what apps you have running and how much we use the phone as well. Everybodys experience will probably differ depending on their setup, so for me, I cant disregard JD for now until I have it set up differently. But I'm glad there are people getting that much of an benefit without JD because my mom has the phone too and it would help greatly if I didnt have to put JD on hers and try to set it up to have manage it for her.
    12-10-2011 06:13 PM
    I like that now without JD I don't have the wait after unlocking up get my data signal back, but still get an improved battery life. Was worth the trade off before GB.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    12-10-2011 08:53 PM
    Before the update, my battery charge lifespan was very short, 2-3 hours @ most. I purchased 4 extra batteries & used an extra AC => DC charger @ work, so I could keep the phone running throughout the day. It got so bad I renamed the phone to the Droid ReCharge. Since the GB update, my battery life has increased to a perceived double lifespan. Sometimes I can make it home from work without replacing the battery with a fully charged one. Sometimes I can get through a whole day without requiring a battery replacement, & am able to just put the phone in the dock charger when I go to bed.....
    01-05-2012 02:19 PM
    What makes your smart phone smart is all the background data work it does even when you don't need it to. Set all your social syncing to manual. Facebook, Twitter, and any app that is tied to them. Next, turn off the three location services. Each one of them is an RF radio running all the time. If you have an app like a Weather widget that is using your locations services to locate you change the setting to zip code instead. Next is very optional but it helps. Disable Background Data. It's used to 'push' emails and syncing accounts. All of that is happening over night whether you like it or not. I use an App call Profiles Lite to set up conditions for Home, Office, Car & Sleep mode. Needless to say sleep mode turns almost everything off but don't worry you still get text messages and phone calls. Maybe some of this will help. It did for me. Oh and stay on 3G
    01-06-2012 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD