Update bugs..... on Charge

Newport Viper

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
The GF said her txting seems slow. When she presses the letters it types slower/ lag....Anyone else?

I haven't tried it myself.

Other Bugs?

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
GPS will not lock in at all.

GPS lock on mine has been itratic. First time after upgrade I waited 5 min and gave up. Then tried again and it locked after 3 min. The next two times it was under 30 seconds for both. Then it took 3 min the next time.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Soniku

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Updating my Charge when fine. Everything that didn't work, works now and it's a lot faster.

However when my Dad updated his Charge, it got stuck in an infinite reboot loop after the update. Long story short, I ended up having to restore it to factory defaults to get it to boot again. It's great after that though. :/

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving GB so far. Its like night and day over Froyo. One issue I have noted however. My Charge will lock up if I try to delete a batch of photos at the same time. It works fine if you're only deleting one photo at a time.

The problem seems to be with multiple deletes from the picture gallery. I have to get out of gallery using the program manager and then close the gallery thru the program monitor.

Not a big issue, but was curious if others had encountered this.

Rich

(EDIT: solution at post #11. Clear the Gallery data.)

Last edited:

rltripp

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been having time-out problems with Facebook and Twitter. My sessions for each seem to be timing out about every 6 hours and need to be logged back in. It's not the end of the world, but it's really annoying.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving GB so far. Its like night and day over Froyo. One issue I have noted however. My Charge will lock up if I try to delete a batch of photos at the same time. It works fine if you're only deleting one photo at a time.

The problem seems to be with multiple deletes from the picture gallery. I have to get out of gallery using the program manager and then close the gallery thru the program monitor.

Not a big issue, but was curious if others had encountered this.

Rich

i have 2 old screen shots of nothing , i heard the ph take them and can see them in gallery,,i just can not delete them , it seems they are a permament piece of gallery..

my GPS came on just fine and i think i have a solution in case anyone is just now starting their phones GPS.

when it says and shows where the arrow is.. you tap the spot you want it to be on.. then it seems to work fine but you only get a tap or 2 and then its there forever in mine anyways... i just tripled checked and it's right for my ph.. i tapped on the edge of my front porch and that where it says i am at while inside.. i havent gone outside to check anything yet. but i will say the GPS lock is instant...

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I had a couple of issues. Initially lost all of my contacts and my browser shows blocking when I try to zoom in and out. Never had that issue before GB. I've had the same issue with slow text once while running tapatalk the other day. Never had that issue before, either.

richs10

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
In reference to the problem deleting multiple pictures at one time, someone over at the VZN Community Forum suggested clearing the photo gallery data (Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All, Gallery).

I did that and was then able to delete a batch of photos without a problem.
Life is good again!

Rich

Last edited:

prubin

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Overall works much better. I had severs data problems and they are gone. However, wifi seems weaker. I cannot get a wifi signal at a place when I could get it before the update. But 4g works much better; a good tradeoff.

danlintz

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Endless Reboot!

Stock phone GB update and reboots Droid splash screen endlessly.
VZ sending back my Thunderbolt (3rd) now that they have fixed the bugs (reboot too) on that after 6 months.
FYI - just bought 50 phones for our company from ATT after leaving sprint. Getting another 1,000 now that they ALL worked without software bugs. Tried of being a beta tester for VZ. Yes dropped calls in weak signal areas but at least you know when that will happen. It's by by after the contract is up and a backup network phone will be on sprint.

bafrench

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
In reference to the problem deleting multiple pictures at one time, someone over at the VZN Community Forum suggested clearing the photo gallery data (Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All, Photo Gallery).

I had the same problem, but Photo Gallery did not show up at all under All applications.

However, I did see a new application that I hadn't seen before: Angry GPS? Anybody know anything about this?

Also, a really loud and obnoxious static sound has been occurring during phone calls.

Overall, not too impressed with GB. I'm probably going to root or get a GNex

hockeymn25

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
speed dial no longer allows any speed dial above 9 to work. had several in the 10-20 range and now they don't work. Anybody else?

mm247

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem, but Photo Gallery did not show up at all under All applications.

However, I did see a new application that I hadn't seen before: Angry GPS? Anybody know anything about this?

Also, a really loud and obnoxious static sound has been occurring during phone calls.

Overall, not too impressed with GB. I'm probably going to root or get a GNex

I'm getting a static sound on phone calls too. Kind of seems like the sound is almost too crisp/ loud believe it or not. The other person's speech seems to be cut off at the end of their sentence? I've rebooted a couple of times and nothing changed. Anyone else noticing a change in sound during phone calls?

akbled

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been having time-out problems with Facebook and Twitter. My sessions for each seem to be timing out about every 6 hours and need to be logged back in. It's not the end of the world, but it's really annoying.

I'm having this same issue and it's driving me nuts. The funny thing is that it doesn't actually sign me out, just pushes a session expired notification.

Edit: Figured out the cause is the Feeds and Updates app, it refreshes every hour and gives me the notifications.

Fixed: Opened the applicaitons menu and cleared the data and cache for Feeds and Updates, refreshed it and once again input my passwords and no more notifications.

Last edited:

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
In reference to the problem deleting multiple pictures at one time, someone over at the VZN Community Forum suggested clearing the photo gallery data (Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, All, Gallery).

I did that and was then able to delete a batch of photos without a problem.
Life is good again!

Rich

Will this do any harm to saved pics? Mine will not delete multiples, either, but I'm scared to run this fix and lose photos.