For the past few hours, I have been trying to update to the GB 2.3.6 that has been pushed the past couple days by Verizon. AS the screen appears telling me to Update, I go ahead and proceed to do so, The Download appears to go through, then the reboot to install begins. The install progress gets to 1/4 of the way than goes right into a explanation point with a triangle around it along with a green android off to the side of the triangle is pictured. The screen just stays there for ever not doing anything.

So I figure I try and download it again, this time doing a factory reset and also formatting the card as if the phone was going to be fresh out of the box.

Same thing happens as above....just gets stuck on that screen and never updates.
    12-03-2011 05:07 PM
    stuck on this after proceeding with install
    12-03-2011 06:27 PM
    stuck on this after proceeding with install
    Click to view quoted image
    Were you on a custom rom at all? Or were you coming from stock EE4? Does the phone boot up like normal? Make sure you have the stock recovery.
    12-03-2011 07:40 PM
    Like Trigun states, what rom were you updating from? You most likely will need to Odin back to stock Froyo and try again. Remember to keep the battery in while flashing with Odin. Keep us posted.
    12-04-2011 08:51 AM
    Like Trigun states, what rom were you updating from? You most likely will need to Odin back to stock Froyo and try again. Remember to keep the battery in while flashing with Odin. Keep us posted.
    I read somewhere tat some who were running Gummy Gb 2.1 hung up in boot loops... maybe that might give ya an idea,,if you are on a acustom rom find the ODIN file that brings yer ph to thw EE4 stage and the when ya get the go ahead ,, get the update... it was early when i saw it and i started my wifi then said ok to the upload... in my mind a stable connection ..
    12-04-2011 03:33 PM
    I am having the same problem on my Droid Charge. The download comes down and it reboots to install. It stalls at 1/4 and reboots back to froyo. I've never rooted or ROM thus phone. It has had stock froyo since day one.

I've been on the phone with Verizon but no luck so far.
    Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk
    12-04-2011 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD