Audio out after GB update

mcraig923

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I received the GB update Saturday morning when I woke up and have been loving it! Today, I plugged my headphones into it to listen to some music and the phone doesn't recognize they're plugged in and keeps playing through the speaker. Any suggestions?

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I would first try a battery pull if you have not tried this already. I just tried my headphones and they work when plugging them in. Are they they same headphones you used before the update?
Make sure the jack is seated all the way in. The first time I tried my favorite headphones after I first got my device 6 months ago they would not work until I applied a lot of pressure.

Short of all that, if you call VZ tech support they are going to tell to do a factory reset. They had me do it twice and the 2nd time cleared up a multiple icon issue I got after I updated.

Read up on how to make sure your programs and data are backed up before you do the factory reset.
Have VZ walk you through it. Factory resets clear up most issues when an update does not go smooth.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
ok. First, if you have another pair of headphones try to use them. If its still not working the next thing I would do is consider re-flashing the lastest update on your phone. It takes getting a little bit wet, but actually is very simple to do. Theres a memeber on XDA that has the Latest update, Root, CWM Recovery and a tweeked Kernal that you can flash all in 1 shot with Odin. Dont know if you want to go that route. But calling Verizon wont do anything for you since there techs will only tell you to do a factory reset which Im sure, we all know how to do. And to no avail, it probably wont fix that. Its either a hardware issue, or the software part of that headphone piece is infected from that update. I would consider re-flashing. If your interested in giving it a shot, I would read up on it first. XDA Developers has just about all that stuff in there forums. Let me know if your interested and Ill get you a direct link.

mcraig923

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
well, after having some extra time, I was able to do another reset which didn't work. So I figured what the heck...... Let's do it once more. Third times a charm in this case and the audio jack is once again working. Thanks for all the input.

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
well, after having some extra time, I was able to do another reset which didn't work. So I figured what the heck...... Let's do it once more. Third times a charm in this case and the audio jack is once again working. Thanks for all the input.

Same for me. I factory reset it once before I called VZ. She reset it again with same issue. She tried one more time and the third time it corrected the issue.

Looks like 3 times is the magic number. I'm glad mine worked on that third time because I really did not want a refurb'd replacement. That's always Vz's solution when the factory reset does not do the trick.

Nice to hear your issue was resolved!