After the GB update [at least I never noticed it before the update] my ringer volume starts low for the first second or two when a call comes in, then it gets louder. I am using a custom mp3 ringtone and my ringer volume is set to maximum. It is certainly not a deal-breaker, but it does annoy me a little. Is this a new "feature" and can it be turned off?
    12-05-2011 09:43 AM
    Me to and have not found any adjustment. It does not bother me at all but I did notice the same thing.
    12-05-2011 10:00 AM
    Mine is doing the same thing. Glad to see I'm not alone.
    12-05-2011 10:45 AM
    This is a new feature and I have not bothered to see if it can be changed as I like it.
    Wanderist likes this.
    12-05-2011 12:11 PM
    same here, although i have the leaked version of 2.3.6 installed. I actually like it as it doesnt startle you when the phone rings
    12-05-2011 04:12 PM
    It has been on all of the GB builds. I kind of like it too.
    12-05-2011 09:35 PM
    Uggh...so this is supposed to be a feature? Does anyone know if there's a way to disable it? I know some people like it, but it annoys the crap out of me.
    12-06-2011 11:37 AM
    I've noticed it too, doesn't really help much as it jumps to full volume after just a second, not much of a feature if you ask me.
    12-06-2011 12:39 PM
    So is this a Gingerbread thing or did Samsung add this to the update. Samsung seems to have a habit of adding "features" that can't be turned off or changed even if you don't need them.
    12-07-2011 07:33 AM
    This is a gingerbread thing. It's on all gingerbread builds, leaked or official, across all phones. Most people are saying they are happy with it as a sudden loud ringtone is no longer scaring the **** out of them

Sent from the Shark tank using Tapatalk
    12-07-2011 01:47 PM
    I have to say I do not like this since it takes from the amount of time I get to answer my phone. And the "standard bell" ringer on the Charge (as well as other Charge sounds) are already not very loud. Hard to hear any of them in a pocketbook or even pants or jacket pocket. I have found bluetooth sound to be quieter also, as well as some degradation in phone reception.. To name but a few negatives of the GB I was hoping would solve some of my many problems, which unfortunately it did not. Does anyone know if we can get the "bounce at the top" feature back on the screens? I always knew where I was. Now I'm not sure if my screen is stuck or not.
    12-08-2011 06:49 PM
    I must admit this bugs me as well. If it was a quick ramp up of the volume it might be OK, but the step up is just wrong and sure screws with the different ringer tones/mp3's.
    12-09-2011 04:43 PM
    I too, agree this is more of an annoyance than a needed feature.
    12-22-2011 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD