I generally like my Droid Charge but I have a problem with its gmail function. I do not have set it to push b/c of the battery drainage.

Why is that every time I open gmail/email app, I have to click the option button and then click refresh? Why can't the gmail update automatically when I open it, like it does in the iPhone (even when the iPhone is not set to push)?

Also, why is that when I delete emails in gmail app, I have to press options and then click refresh, so that it syncs with my gmail account? I feel that it should sync automatically when I delete an email. There have been so many times when I have read a bunch of emails on my phone, only to log in to my gmail account online later and find that all those emails appear as new. This is one area where iPhone excels.

I don't mean to turn this into an iPhone vs Android thread, I just wish they would make email more streamlined and user friendly.
    expidia likes this.
    12-05-2011 01:37 PM
    You might try Enhanced Email. It does at least the first part of what you are asking for. I think it does the second part though I haven't noticed since i don't typically delete emails on the phone.
    12-05-2011 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD