Data suddenly dead

dts317

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, my Charge suddenly lost it's data connection today and I haven't been able to regain it. Seems to be working fine for other Verizon users nearby, so it's not an outage. I tried rebooting, flipping from CDMA to LTE and back, taking the battery out...

Any other suggestions?

MacGal01

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Call Verizon Wireless tech support and let them know. When it happened to me they tried a couple of things and checked a few settings before sending me to get a new SIM card for my phone. Since the new SIM card not one little problem with the data.

Radman

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
its out for me too (in the nyc area). verizon said it is a problem with their LTE phones and they are working on it. i am on 2.2 btw.

bluevolume

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed LTE problems in Western NY. Unfortunately, when the 4G network is screwed up our phones can't fall back to 3G. So people on 3G phones are still fine.

gcat8888

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I may be having a similar issue, so thanks for sharing. Ever since updating to 2.3, I have intermittent problems with data service. It happens especially after I turn data off to save battery--when turning back on, it will not activate. Restarting seems to solve, but this is obviously not a long term solution, I hope. Data service also just suddenly disappears at times too, even when I'm in the same place, not moving, and the calling signal strength is fine. It rarely goes to 3G. I'm in NYC. Will call tech support tomorrow and post if there's a solution.

Cheers.

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
My 4g and 3g is dropping out bad it's been doing it starting about 5pm yesterday. I'm in Virginia so hope it's fix soon the only thing is it seems like my wife's phone isn't doing it she's got a charge too and the same setup. Is anyone else having this problem still today?

Sent from my SCH-I510

Jon403

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Also having bad data drop issues. Like I toggle airplane mode, data comes back, and 3 min later it's gone with phone making no effort to reconnect (as far as I can tell). Started yesterday - I made the Gingerbread upgrade on Sunday, I wonder if has to do with that?

Oh yeah, I'm in Southern CT

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Having this issue since yesterday evening. I'm in the Washington D.C area. Have not had data since last night. When I reboot, it appears for a few seconds then gone.

nocks926

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm located in Boston, MA. Just spoke with a Verizon Wireless Tech Agent at 9:45 am EST who confirmed that they are experiencing a 4G data outage and are in the middle of rectifying the issue. They have no estimation as to when data will be restored. The agent suggested taking out the SIM card and the battery in an effort to at least capture 3G service, but it was unsuccessful (I have a Droid Charge).

Their next tip was to use Wi-Fi. Seeing as how we are all paying out the nose for data each month I don't see how that is an acceptable response.

nocks926

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
So any chance we can get a pro-rated portion of our data charges refunded?

Shobuddy.... I think that depends on how long we can hold our breath. I was going to ask the agent but I figured somewhere in our service contract is some bogus clause about Verizon being "not responsible for intermittent or occasional service outages" -- in fact, I'd bet my fancy 4G paperweight on it -- nor did I see the point of allowing their "customer service" representatives to bounce my call around for an hour for them to tell me that.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No problems yesterday, but today no data whatsoever. Suburban Chicago

Sent from the Shark tank using Tapatalk

cmoor052

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Hampton Roads, and am having the same issue. I went to the VZW store last night to see if they were aware of the issue. Of course I received the standard issue help diagnosis from VZW, "Errr...did you try a hard reset on your phone?"

No jackass, I did not. I thought you might try and identify/resolve any issues with your network prior to taking that step!

Hopefully, they get this fixed. If it lasts any longer than 48 hours I'll be more than happy to call them and ask why I pay for a data plan that I can't use. While a $5.00 credit for me is only a cup of coffee, if the eastern seaboard asks for the same credit it will surely make them wake up and fix things.

venomous911

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Dead here too (extreme southern Arizona). This is the 2nd time it has happened to me. In October I had my Charge replaced for the same thing. What is weird is that its a 4G phone in a 3G only area.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon