Howdy,

So I've been looking around and I think I know the answer but I'm wanting to make sure before I do anything and potentially brick or just simply waste my time.

Currently running Altered Beast 5 ROM on my Samsung Charge. There is a new OTA out and my phone has to remind me of this every time I use my phone. I figured if unroot my phone, install this system update, and then reroot my phone it would go away. After further researching....It looks like this wouldn't do anything and that I should just wait for AB 6 (or whatever ROM one is using) to come out. Is this true?
    It appears that AB hasn't been updated in quite awhile. Honestly I'm really just wanting to be able to be able to download MMS over wifi instead of 4gLTE.

Furthermore, I have titanium backup and have back-up'ed everything. Once I were to change ROMS/reflash/renew/whatever you call it... is this how I could return my phone back to "happy everything works like before" while having the new update or ROM on it? All advice is appreciated. Thank you
    12-16-2011 03:20 PM
    I would assume you are on 2.2....if you upgrade to Gingerbread you would have to use a rom that works with it....I'm using 2.3.6 with humble and its pretty good....also titanium backup will help make everything the way it was....
    12-16-2011 05:02 PM
    Yeah I have 2.2.1 as a firmware version. Is that why my phone keeps on wanting updates?
    12-16-2011 06:44 PM
    Is there really any reason to unroot, OTA update, then reinstall the same ROM I was using before?
    12-17-2011 12:00 PM
    if you like your altered beast then i would stay with it...dont know if altered beast has a gingerbread rom and if not it wont work......you could always try a gingerbread rom and if you dont like it just go back to what you have now......
    12-17-2011 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD