Generally, my battery life has improved significantly since installing the GB update in early December, but I have a question about WiFi. I've previously read that the battery will last longer when using WiFi instead of 4GLTE since the phone is not always looking for a signal. So, I keep WiFi turned on all time because it is in use almost all of the time, either at home or at work. The only time I'm on the network is when commuting between the two.

However, when I look at the information under "Settings, About Phone, Battery Use", it consistently lists WiFi as using 5% to 7% of the battery. Does this sound normal?

Thanks,
    Rich
    01-04-2012 12:49 PM
    I can tell you that I am in almost the same situation, staying on WiFi at home and work. My WiFi is using 8%, according to the battery use listing.
    01-04-2012 07:05 PM
    I just checked mine and I am at 7%. I was home all day except for about 5 hours. I always keep my WiFi on even if I leave because for me it is nice to automatically connect when I am in a hospital, store, dining out or at some of my friends houses. I know it wastes battery looking for a signal but I have a spare and still am on 3g so I really do appreciate the faster internet speed.
    01-04-2012 11:25 PM
    Ok. I guess 5 to 7% battery usage is normal. I assume it is also saving battery life by not searching for a 3g/4g signal while on WiFi, so in the end it evens out.

Thanks for responding!
    Rich
    01-05-2012 11:13 AM
    One other note on this. When I am out and about (and not connected to WiFi) my battery goes down extremely quickly. I can't say what the lifespan is, but I would say I get about half of what I get when on WiFi all day.
    01-05-2012 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD