I downloaded the SVTP app free trial to test the Hotspot capability of the Charge.

It Works!!!

I was able to use my Ipad2 wi-fi only by connecting to my charge using this app.

SVTP app.

Question: I wonder if verizon will charge me for the data usage by going through a 3rd party app.
    Chocu1a likes this.
    01-12-2012 05:04 PM
    I downloaded the SVTP app free trial to test the Hotspot capability of the Charge.

It Works!!!

I was able to use my Ipad2 wi-fi only by connecting to my charge using this app.

SVTP app.

Question: I wonder if verizon will charge me for the data usage by going through a 3rd party app.
    I use it also, if you do not use it excessively there will probably will not be a problem. I had to download files for a work project since my dsl was down. It was a life saver.
    01-12-2012 06:37 PM
    I found the SVTP app via this forum and it is the only one I've found that works with Gingerbread to connect my HP Touchpad via hotspot online. I tried Barnacle, Wi-Fi tether, etc., and none of them would work.
    01-27-2012 07:14 PM
    I found the SVTP app via this forum and it is the only one I've found that works with Gingerbread to connect my HP Touchpad via hotspot online. I tried Barnacle, Wi-Fi tether, etc., and none of them would work.
    PDA net is the answer,, no way no how does Verizon or anyone near or close to you realize you are connected thru wifi on yer phone.. it does have a cost.. one time cost.. and works
    stantaur likes this.
    01-28-2012 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD