Email problem: Unable to load message. Message too long

andreasmro

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Opening emails gives me the above message and I am not able to open and see the emails.
Stock, unrooted droid charge using stock email software (not Gmail) with three accounts and they are all showing this problem. So I don't think it is any of this account.
I tried clearing the cache of Email, restarted the device but no luck. Any suggestions or similar problem?

Thanks

Alt2ning

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Having same problem on unrooted Samsung Verizon Droid Charge, with multiple email providers. Tried the normal "turn it off and back on." No effect. Anyone have any ideas?

Jim Richardson

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I am also having the same problem / message. I use a Samsung Charge and am getting the message "Unable to load message. Message too long" on one of my two email accounts, the other email account works fine. No idea how to solve this. Tried taking out battery and restarting etc.

Wanderist

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I am also having this issue. It appears to only be occuring on the standard Email - Gmail and Yahoo mail are fine. What is even wierder is, messages that I have not deleted that are from Thursday and older, opened fine when I first received them. Now they will not open because they are too long..

I saw this happen a few months ago as well. That time it just seemed to cure itself. Could it be carrier related?

mikeinpa

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is the case here, but some email providers put a size limitation to emails. it might not be the provider in this case because there are different email address being used but it could be the stock email app that has a limit. and things can change day to day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20