Deactivated Charge can't access market?

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
So I was going to use my Charge to play with now that I'm using my Galaxy Nexus as my actual phone. I did a factory reset on the Charge, and now it seems the market is gone. The icon is on the home screen but it's grayed out and has a picture of a SD card in front of it. I've never seen this before, thought I'd check with everyone here before trying another reset.

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
When you switched to the Nexus, you shouldn't of done a factory reset on your Charge. Market has to have a gmail account connected to it.

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Is the charge rooted and on a custom rom?....that happened to me once after I changed a theme on a rom I was using....I did a factory reset and it cleared it up if I remember right.....

Clak

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Forgot about this thread until I started messing with my Charge again. I did the reset all over again and I'm still having the same problem. I've got a gmail account associated with the phone, I don't understand why there would be any problem. No custom rom or anything, everything is stock.

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Had this problem as well... Just go to SETTINGS>DATE & TIME>uncheck AUTOMATIC and set the correct Date & time

Sent from my ICS DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

vwarnick

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Having this issue as well. No greyed out Play Store Icon, no Play Store app installed at all. Silly, want to repurpose the charge, but need play store access. Any ideas.

tgbyhnujm

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Nowhere in any of the 6 replies was a WiFi connection mentioned. I think you may have to connect via WiFi if your Charge phone has been deactivated. Did you connect to or activate a WiFi connection first?

Furthermore I always thought that you could browse the internet and access Gmail via WiFi with a deactivated phone.

JerryF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech