I am having problems syncing the calendar events I enter on the Charge into the Gmail calendar.

Events entered on the Gmail calendar do update the phone calendar.

I'm using the Calendar app that was pre-installed in the gallery by Samsung. Is this Samsung Droid's version of google calendar? I'm assuming it is. If not, where do I get the Google app?

The calendar on my phone is my homebase calendar. I can't dump it in an attempt to fix the link. I hope there is another solution.

Is there a third party app that would be able to over-ride whatever is wrong and get this working?
    01-21-2012 01:29 PM
    Do you have the calender set to sync? Do you have sync automatically on? I know these are basic questions but they are the first place to look. I have used the samsung calendar, launcherpros and finally settled on jorte and they all sync without issue

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    01-21-2012 02:30 PM
    To check sync settings go to settings.....accounts and sync. Make sure it is set to sync automatically and then go into your Google account and make sure calender is set to sync

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    01-21-2012 02:33 PM
    Thanks, piizzadude.

I checked the settings on both the phone and my gmail calendar. Everything seems to be set correctly. autosync is checked on the phone and there is a green light next to my gmail account.

Meetings set up on my gmail calendar come thru to the phone, but the events entered on the droid don't transfer to gmail.

I think I'll try an app. Hopefully it will find the broken link.
    01-21-2012 08:44 PM
    Make sure you are defaulting to the Gmail calendar on the charge. When you create the calendar entry it needs to not say "My Calendar". It should say your name from gmail instead. The first time you change it to your Gmail it sticks... it doesn't seem to matter which calendar app...
    01-21-2012 09:36 PM
    This solved it, at least briefly, MP5.

Settings in the Calendar app was set to My Calendar. I unchecked that and checked the gmail account my droid is linked to.

The many calendar items I had entered on the droid did flow to the gmail calendar.

But when I added some new ones they did not transfer. I checked the settings app in the droid and found a red light and flag next to the gmail account - "sync is currently experiencing difficulties. It will be back shortly".

I've rebooted the phone.

Any ideas on this one?
    01-22-2012 05:41 PM
    This solved it, at least briefly, MP5.

Settings in the Calendar app was set to My Calendar. I unchecked that and checked the gmail account my droid is linked to.

The many calendar items I had entered on the droid did flow to the gmail calendar.

But when I added some new ones they did not transfer. I checked the settings app in the droid and found a red light and flag next to the gmail account - "sync is currently experiencing difficulties. It will be back shortly".

I've rebooted the phone.

Any ideas on this one?

Yea uncheck the selection and then re-check it,, then you should see a gizmo looking like a small sattelite wait till its finished ,, you are synced
    01-23-2012 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD