Hi all,

I did some searching and I think I know the answer but I need to ask.

I gave my wife my Charge and since she does not have a gmail account, I set it up on mine. I just don't sync contacts or anything related. Unfortunately, it loaded all of my contacts at the beginning. I can adjust what she sees in contacts and I set up a group for just her phone but when you go into the dialer, it shows them all once you start dialing. If I hit 5, it shows 16 contacts and lets her pick through them even if they are not in her group.

I think I have read that a different dialer app would work but it seems most have issues especially with Gingerbread. Anyone know of a way around my issue?

Thanks,
    01-21-2012 08:49 PM
    Hi all,

I did some searching and I think I know the answer but I need to ask.

I gave my wife my Charge and since she does not have a gmail account, I set it up on mine. I just don't sync contacts or anything related. Unfortunately, it loaded all of my contacts at the beginning. I can adjust what she sees in contacts and I set up a group for just her phone but when you go into the dialer, it shows them all once you start dialing. If I hit 5, it shows 16 contacts and lets her pick through them even if they are not in her group.

I think I have read that a different dialer app would work but it seems most have issues especially with Gingerbread. Anyone know of a way around my issue?

Thanks,
    save all the hassle and give her an account
    01-22-2012 02:11 AM
    She won't have access to the apps I have bought right? She likes putting things on my calendar too
    01-22-2012 08:21 AM
    Get cozi calendar to share calendar...list...reminders...journal...my wife and I can now always see what is happening for the family schedule...you can add your Gmail account to the phone and not sync also but wipe it first and you can share Alps....the key is don't sync your contacts or mail

sent from my Verizon Droid Charge using Tapatalk.
    01-22-2012 08:28 AM
    Get cozi calendar to share calendar...list...reminders...journal...my wife and I can now always see what is happening for the family schedule...you can add your Gmail account to the phone and not sync also but wipe it first and you can share Alps....the key is don't sync your contacts or mail

So you are saying to wipe the phone and don't add my gmail account at the start. Add it manually and just uncheck the contacts and mail?
    01-22-2012 08:55 AM
    Delete your account of it. Then start 1 for her..... after that then you can add your account it'll be an extra account on there... set it up not to sync anything... do this in the settings and account n sync. Then all you have to do in the market is pick your account and install your already purchased apps from there. Her new gmail account will still be the main account on the phone

01-22-2012 09:28 AM
    Thanks. The phone made me factory reset but it worked like a charm. She has her own gmail and the market is tied to mine. She can still add to my calendar if need be as well LOL

I just have to get Titanium on the phone to freeze all the junk apps again.
    01-22-2012 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD