Does anyone know how to change the boot animation on the droid charge like any tutorials or sites?
    is their any way to get the htc evo cyanogen mod 7?
    01-24-2012 10:00 PM
    To change the boot animation , first, you need to have cwm recovery.
    Second, put your new animation zip file on the root of your sd card.
    Boot into recovery & select install from sd card. then choose the zip file & install.
    Back out to main menu & reboot.
    I do not know where to find the files for the boot animation you want, but maybe google can point you in that direction.
    01-25-2012 06:00 AM
    What if when i do install from the folder and it says this for the log?

--Installing: /sdcard/bootanimation.zip
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Installing update...
    Installation aborted.

can someone please help me to suceed this animation on the droid charge??
    01-25-2012 11:16 AM
    first off, basic questions- are you rooted, & do you have the current clockworkmod recovery installed?
    01-25-2012 12:35 PM
    yes im rooted and i have no idea what a clock work mod is.
    im sorry this is only my first root.
    i can tell you that my kernel is v 4.0.0
    and my phone is using gringerbread for 2.3.6.
    do you know where i can get a clock mod for this version?
    01-25-2012 01:20 PM
    wait is the clock work mod the screen with the bananas and you have to hold the volume up, home, and power till samsung appears and at the top it says CMW?
    01-25-2012 01:29 PM
    Yes that is cwm but check the other thread in Roms. The charge isn't as simple as all that

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    01-25-2012 02:48 PM
    I put a link on how to do it in my answer over there

01-25-2012 02:49 PM
    Yes that is cwm but check the other thread in Roms. The charge isn't as simple as all that

As simple as "all that"? Are you referring to my instructions on changing boot animations? Because that is exactly how I changed mine. Maybe I am lucky, but it was as simple as all that.
    01-25-2012 02:57 PM
    where is the link you put down?
    01-25-2012 02:59 PM
    As simple as "all that"? Are you referring to my instructions on changing boot animations? Because that is exactly how I changed mine. Maybe I am lucky, but it was as simple as all that.
    That is the way I did them on the fassy but I couldn't with the charge. I had to follow these instructions http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch...t-1088080.html

Chocu1a likes this.
    01-25-2012 03:33 PM
    That is the way I did them on the fassy but I couldn't with the charge. I had to follow these instructions [Q] Changing boot animation?? [Archive] - xda-developers

Cool, I will keep that in case I ever run into problems in the future.
    01-25-2012 05:15 PM
    You can't run custom boot animation on the Charge. Check this site out for the Charge: Samsung Droid Charge Forum
    Those guys know their s h i t.
    01-26-2012 03:51 PM
    You can't run custom boot animation on the Charge. Check this site out for the Charge: Samsung Droid Charge Forum
    Those guys know their s h i t.
    You can if the kernel supports it, the PBJ kernel does support changing animations
    01-26-2012 08:52 PM
    You can if the kernel supports it, the PBJ kernel does support changing animations
    The TweakStock kernel supports it also. I have changed mine twice. .
    01-27-2012 06:22 AM
    OK apparently I am really dumb. I have been floating around XDA and Charge forums trying to get this right. I have a boot animation I want to use. I am on Eclipse v1.4 with PBJ 0130. All I get is Galaxy S boot animation. I have copied bootanimation.zip over to /system/media and it writes over it. I have changed name to sanim.zip and put that into /system/media. All I ever get is Galaxy S boot. what am I doing wrong here. I am still learning and I know I am missing something.
    03-21-2012 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD