I went to send someone a text and I found that all my contacts have disappeared. I know they were there last night because I sent some texts and made a call. Is there an easy way to get them back?

I haven't installed any new applications or updated anything within the last 24 hours. Phone is stocked out.
    03-04-2012 08:59 PM
    Go to settings and look for your google account. click on it then click on sync contacts.
    03-05-2012 05:00 PM
    Verizon had no idea. I went updated the contacts from info I had. Set up backup assistant and exported to sdcard. Oh well.

edit: I looked at that but for some reason I turned off sync contacts. I fixed that too.
    03-05-2012 05:01 PM
    edit: I looked at that but for some reason I turned off sync contacts. I fixed that too.
    I have mine turned off too. I only allow it to sync when I first get a phone. If I allow it to always sync, it makes the incoming calls pix grainy. Regardless, hope you got all of your contacts back.
    03-05-2012 05:18 PM
    I got most of them back I think. Honestly, I went through my texts and calls to check too. If I haven't texted or called you since I've had my phone, I probably don't need your number in it.

I'm not using it for business and I'm far from being a player.
    03-05-2012 05:49 PM
    I lost a single contact recently. I have backup assistant and they are all on Google. No idea how it happened. Happened at least one other time with a few numbers when the phone was new.
    03-24-2012 05:40 AM
    It actually happened to me again today. Thankfully I backed it up.
    03-25-2012 03:58 PM
    I just posted a full solution to the problem. Please read and good luck
    04-03-2012 07:27 PM
    Why not just use Google to back up your contacts? That's what Android phones are designed for. If you set all your contacts as Google contacts which you can do in the Contacts settings, they are updated to the minute and backed up. I can change one character in a contacts name, and by the time I go on my computer and log into my Google account to check them it is already backed up (you can see your contacts in your Google account on the internet if you login to your Gmail account. If you lose your phone or your contacts, or get a new phone, as soon as you log in to your Google account (which you have to have to use an Android phone anyway) you will instantly have all of them back. I suspect why some of you are losing your contacts is BECAUSE of backup assistant from Verizon. It does not play nice with Android phones and from time to time will "update" your contacts to nothing. I had it happen to me twice and finally disabled backup assistant and it never happened again.
    04-03-2012 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD