I was doing my laundry Saturday and as I was pulling my clothes out of the washing machine I saw part of the case for my phone. I kept looking and sure enough I had forgotten to pull my phone out of my cargo pants pocket.
    To add insult to injury I do actually have insurance on the phone but I only paid 1 penny for the phone (Amazon). So I had to pay $99 to replace a phone a paid one penny for

I played with the phone for a few days and I got it to turn on a few times but after the third time I couldn't get it to turn on again.
    I thought about just adding a line and getting a better phone on the second line. Then I could get a cheap used feature phone off ebay that didn't require a data package to keep my bill down but I bit he bullet & replaced the Charge through Asurion.
    03-08-2012 07:34 AM
    Ouch! At least you had insurance. That phone retails for $499.99 on the Verizon website.
    03-08-2012 11:24 AM
    Did you do the rice trick? My daughter's iPod Touch went through the washer. I put the device in a brown paper bag full of uncooked rice. Left it for a week. I then removed it, turned it on and it works flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    03-10-2012 05:06 PM
    Did you do the rice trick? My daughter's iPod Touch went through the washer. I put the device in a brown paper bag full of uncooked rice. Left it for a week. I then removed it, turned it on and it works flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Yeah I tried the rice - Didn't help. I only left it for a day or so though.
    03-10-2012 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD