hi im new to the forum and to smartphone ownership.

ive had my charge since the first part of december. im not rooted though ive looked into it...i just dont want to d/l things to my pc..but if i want to root i guess ill have to get over it.

im on stock gingerbread my phone did an OTA update when it was first made available.

ive had no serious problems with the phone until today.

the browser forced closed and the keypad stopped working and then my screen went BLANK! and it came back on with a weird triangle looking logo and the circle with a slash through it and my media scanner started running a scan on the memory card.

i panicked and pulled my cover off and did a battery pull and after i restarted my phone it seems to be working fine. i have two virus scanners and says there are no threats on my phone.

the android market updated to the google play app today...would that have anything to do with it? or is it something more sinister? im a bit paranoid because i was surfing the web today and was reading alternate news sites that was talking about how google works with the govt to track us and such..and well google makes droid software obviously.

also it was on the default browser.

i d/ld a diff app from the market/google play

opera? i think. and using it now incase it was the default browser...

can someone help? explain why this might have happened? thanx.
    03-08-2012 10:52 PM
    Sounds like your device just freaked out literally for a moment. I doubt the default browser really had anything to do with it.

If it does continue again and again it pops the browser then you may need to go into Settings/Apps/Manage Apps and clear data/cache. You will lose your stored browser info but it should clear up the problem if this browser FC does happen again.

Only other thing I could see if doing a Factory Reset but I wouldn't go that route just yet.
    03-08-2012 11:06 PM
    thanks ill see what happens.

is there any better browsers out there besides the default one and/or opera mobile or is it up to personal taste?
    03-08-2012 11:29 PM
    personal taste, you will get a ton of answers to that question.

I will kick it off with I still use dolphin....

EDIT: and yeah it sounds like your phone just had the hiccups, nothing to worry about
    03-09-2012 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD