06-16-2012 10:45 PM
130 1234 ...
tools
    Market place has been replaced with Play Store
    That's been true for a couple weeks.
    03-25-2012 11:13 PM
    I'm still waiting too. I was in the last batch with previous update so I guess I'll be waiting a while. From all accounts it sounds like a big improvement. I've been about ready to toss the Charge lately with all the data loss and slow GPS locking.
    03-26-2012 04:39 AM
    Does anyone know if this update also addresses the USP connection issue? I have never been able to get my Charge to stay connected to my pc long enough to transfer a single file.
    03-26-2012 04:41 AM
    FYI...if you like the unlock screen with the puzzle piece, don't update. It's gone after this update.
    03-26-2012 05:35 AM
    my charge received an OTA update just little while ago. but it was only 29mbs. not the 85mbs I seen while surfing the internet on this new update.

it looks like I didn't get the diagnostic tool??? and when I check for system updates its telling me system is up to date?

what's up with that?
    03-27-2012 02:26 AM
    Got my update this morning. Checked USB connection - the options have changed a bit, you now choose between media and mass storage mode. And I still can't get a stable connection to my PC. In fact the Samsung driver that is already installed on my PC is not recognizing the phone at all.

I love the Charge's screen, but I hate this phone. It has none of the functionality of the Motorola ;(
    03-27-2012 04:50 AM
    Got my update last night. I'll miss the sliding wallpaper, but if this fixes my GPS lock issues, it'll be totally worth it. So far I'm getting a super fast lock. I'll not jump the gun though, i seem to recall the the GPS being good for a day or two after the GB update before going back to being unusable. Crossing my fingers!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    03-27-2012 06:21 AM
    I got the update as well, but did not install it. I don't wanna lose root access over a new lockscreen
    03-27-2012 06:55 AM
    Does anyone know if the new update will kill root access? I keep getting the popup that the update is available, but I am rooted and want to stay that way.
    03-27-2012 07:32 AM
    Does anyone know if the new update will kill root access? I keep getting the popup that the update is available, but I am rooted and want to stay that way.
    ^This. I'm running a stock rooted version and do not want to lose root access either. I'm guessing that this update will remove this but there doesn't seem to be anything in the update that would cause me to even want to upgrade.
    03-27-2012 08:25 AM
    ^This. I'm running a stock rooted version and do not want to lose root access either. I'm guessing that this update will remove this but there doesn't seem to be anything in the update that would cause me to even want to upgrade.
    I'll throw my hat in as well. Everytime a new update comes out this question pops up. I let it sit in the notifications bar for a week or so until I find out. A real annoying pain in the ***.
    03-27-2012 08:47 AM
    Standard answer is, yes, it will.
    Specific answer, yes, it does.

Had to manually update mine, as my rooted only stock wouldn't update through the air for some reason. After updating, I checked, and it lost root. I need to take a minute or two and get it back.

SuD
    03-27-2012 09:08 AM
    Updated this morning but now the apps I had on my SD card are showing up as "not installed".

Update: After a phone restart, the apps became available again.
    03-27-2012 09:15 AM
    Would like to know about tethering with third party apps. Changelog seemed to have a lot of items about tethering. Don't tether often but nice to have it as an option when i'm stuck. Thanks!
    Anyone with the update know the answer here? Specifically with the use of suchs apps as "SVTP Wifi & USB Tethering" or Foxfi?

Thanks
    03-27-2012 10:16 AM
    Got my update this morning. Checked USB connection - the options have changed a bit, you now choose between media and mass storage mode. And I still can't get a stable connection to my PC. In fact the Samsung driver that is already installed on my PC is not recognizing the phone at all.

I love the Charge's screen, but I hate this phone. It has none of the functionality of the Motorola ;(
    Not to make any assumptions, but have you tried a different usb (not all usb cables are the same) cable or a different computer? Just for testing? I have zero issues with my connection to the PC and I would think that what you are experiencing is a problem with the phone hardware or cable. Maybe go into a Verizon store and just try it out on their systems?
    03-27-2012 12:23 PM
    Wife's Charge got the update last night and lost both the puzzle lock screen and the Ocean View live wallpaper. Any recommendations on how to get these back?
    03-27-2012 12:40 PM
    Does this new update fix the fact that the Facebook app sucks and can't upload any photos, or the issue where it takes 3-5 seconds for the mp3 ringtone to start playing when someone calls?
    03-27-2012 12:40 PM
    Anyone with the update know the answer here? Specifically with the use of suchs apps as "SVTP Wifi & USB Tethering" or Foxfi?

Thanks
    +1 I use foxfi for ipad wifi and it seems too good to be true. Any chance the new update could disable wifi hotspot sometime later after install? i.e. works fine right after update, then after enough users have adopted the update: BAM! no more wifi hotspot from third party apps. Or maybe I am just paranoid.
    03-27-2012 12:56 PM
    Got the update today. So for so good. One thing I noticed is it seems to boot up quicker.
    03-27-2012 01:51 PM
    Anyone notice the beach live wallpaper went missing after the update? My wife had a fit when her's went away this morning when she updated... Anyone have a similar replacement from the market? she didn't like the Beach HD that I got for her... she wanted the touch reactive water...

Thanks guys...

I lost my stock root but reflashed on the su binaries and was good to go..
    Engineeroffaith and Cady like this.
    03-27-2012 02:21 PM
    I confirmed foxfi still works after update. I am going to miss the puzzle lock and the shifting backgrounds but it will be worth it for any potential performance improvements. I am just glad to see any updates at all and am hoping maybe getting ICS isn't out of the realm of possibility .
    03-27-2012 02:52 PM
    ... or the issue where it takes 3-5 seconds for the mp3 ringtone to start playing when someone calls?
    Negative. The issue remains.
    03-27-2012 03:02 PM
    I live in Michigan but am in Orlando Florida right now and got my update down here. I notice a faster boot up and can unlock the phone faster. I am I guess one of the fortunate few that had a quick GPS lock before the update but I still plan on checking. There is a battery % indicator on the lock screen now while charging. I live in a 3g area but here the 4g speeds are incredible. In Disney World I pulled a 26m download and I am convinced that this phone cannot keep up with that speed. Need a faster processor and dual core. Battery life sucks but maybe that's because I have to keep playing with this stupid thing not having 4g at home. Its like 2 batteries a day. But for all you 3g folks out there your gonna love 4g when you get it. Will be checking more and report back.
    03-27-2012 04:02 PM
    my charge received an OTA update just little while ago. but it was only 29mbs. not the 85mbs I seen while surfing the internet on this new update.

it looks like I didn't get the diagnostic tool??? and when I check for system updates its telling me system is up to date?

what's up with that?
    03-27-2012 04:14 PM
    I got the update this morning and I applied it and it failed. A few hours later, I was notified of a system update and I installed it and it failed. (progress bar makes it 1/3 then phone reboots). I then downloaded the update from here and manually appied it and that one fails also. sayin: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/cityid-release.apk" ........mumbo jumbo letters and numbers..... E:Error in /temp/sideload/package.zip

Any Ideas?
    03-27-2012 04:43 PM
130 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD