06-16-2012 10:45 PM
130 ... 3456
tools
    Richs10,

Good to hear from you too. I agree, Verizon is not a user friendly place.

I just learned that after the FP1 update, videos with the Windows .WMV format will no longer play. All you get is a green screen and the audio. They played before I installed FP1. Now the videos must be either a .MP4 or .3GP format to play. No big deal for me because I just converted a couple of videos to .MP4.

I do hope that the smaller size says the I DO NOT have that diagnostic program from VZ in my phone.

They started another thread on the same subject that has some good stuff in it. Go take a look.

Best regards,
    JerryF
    04-02-2012 04:34 PM
    Megamef,

Reboot your phone THREE times in a row. This may fix your problem.

JerryF
    04-02-2012 04:36 PM
    VERIZON DIAGNOSTIC TOOL is installed on the device after the FP1 update. In your settings menu, go to applications---->manage apps----->view ALL APPS, not just downloaded. Down the list you will see the VZW diagnostic tool.

Also, thanks for the reference to reboot 3X. My battery sucked dearly but now is sweet as it once was.

04-04-2012 07:24 AM
    So I am seeing several people suggesting the triple reboot trick to solve various maladies following the most recent patch/update/upgrade. Does this really work? If so, does anyone know why? Also, how should I do this, exactly? Is this just long pressing the power button and selecting restart? Should we wait for our phone to completely come back on and then restart?
    04-04-2012 08:23 PM
    JhettDark,

Read the post directly above yours, it worked. Just hold the power button in until your phone shuts off. Wait a few seconds and then hold the power button in until the word SAMSUNG appears and release the button. I don't know why it works.

JerryF
    04-05-2012 08:53 AM
    Wait... so the reason our calls sound like garbage is that our signal strength is too good?!

I've been considering getting a network extender for our home, thinking that the signal strength might be bad... guess I'll have to do a little more research. Thanks!
    Sorry about not replying sooner, but my wife went into labor a week and a half early. Been trying to kick my 2yo into shape before I go back to work. Needless to say, its the other way around.

Nonetheless, its like pouring water into a funnel... you need proper flow control if you want all off the water to transfer unless you want the water to overflow the funnel.

I thought the same thing you did, but knowing about the hardware and software issues, my bad funnel analogy is how I made sense of it.

SuD
    04-06-2012 10:30 AM
    anyone know why my wife's totally stock charge doesn't have this update yet? I am thinking about just downloading the update and installing it via the link on page 2, but can't help but wonder why she never got the update.
    04-07-2012 09:59 PM
    Broadway Blues,

Try this...touch settings>accounts and sync and then put a check mark in both Background data and Auto-sync.

I was not getting the FP1 update but about 1/2 hour or so after doing this I did receive it.

JerryF
    broadwayblues likes this.
    04-08-2012 09:13 AM
    they were both already checked. I just installed the update manually. thanks though.
    04-08-2012 06:44 PM
    I, too, am having major battery issues since the update. It has been three days since my update installed and I have been having to charge the phone two or three times a day.
    My battery issues went away when I traded batteries with my wife's Charge. Verizon said they would replace the battery on warranty... except that they were out of stock. So I bought a Desktop Charger w/battery instead... I'll either get another battery on warranty (now that they're back in stock), or see whether they'll reimburse me for the cost of a battery since one came with the Desktop Charger.

My wife hasn't upgrade yet... Just in case the update had something to do with destroying my battery (no reason it should, but the timing was right), I'm using the bad battery in her phone when we update it.

I had a Verizon generic charger die when I was travelling, and they replaced it for free because, they said, that particular charger had been recalled... wondering whether my battery issue might have been due at least in part to the bad charger.
    04-11-2012 05:38 AM
    FUNDRAGON

My wife just bought a new Charge phone. Now we each have one That way we can help each other if something doesn't work as expected. If you get a new Charge phone here is a nice story on how our experience went.

Here is a very positive "good going Verizon" with regard to the new Charge phone we bought a few days ago.

I knew we were going to buy the phone so I fully charged a Samsung battery in case Verizon immediately could downloaded a software update. When the store clerk started to get the battery out of the box I gave him the fully charged battery that I brought with me. I also noticed that the label on the phone's box said it had Froyo EE4 installed in it.

After the transaction was complete I asked him one more quick question and almost immediately the new Charge phone said that there is an update available. Only about 10-15 minutes had elapsed since the phone was activated.

Because the battery was fully charged I touched the install now. It took about 8-10 minutes and the update was complete. Then I looked at the About Phone and compared it with my older Charge phone and it was already updated, in one fell swoop, from EE4 to GB 2.3.6 with the FP1 update.

That was really quick and absolutely no hassle...thank you Verizon.

The moral of this story is, anytime you are buying a new Smart Phone take a FULLY charged battery with you.

From what I have seen on 3 different Verizon forums I believe, but cannot prove, that updating a phone or even installing APPs when the battery is low, weak, or defective may be the cause of many phone problems. BTW, by defective I mean that even though the battery shows that it is fully charged (Voltage) it does not have enough power (Amperage) to do the job properly.

JerryF
    04-11-2012 08:50 AM
    I just got the update a few minutes ago. Other than the different-look lock screen, the only major difference I have found is the background image. Previously it was 7 screens wide and would move a little as I swiped from left to right and vice-versa. Now it seems to be static. Does anyone know how to get that functionality back?
    I am looking for the same solution. I am amazed that its been hard to even find any information about it. I don't know why they would eliminate that feature...dumb
    04-24-2012 07:05 AM
    Re-boot your phone THREE times in a row.

JerryF
    04-25-2012 12:00 PM
    Re-boot your phone THREE times in a row.

JerryF
    So the reboot thing is supposed to fix the background image not scrolling, too?
    04-25-2012 08:25 PM
    The only way to get a scrollable wallpaper is to download go launcher etc... And there is an option for wallpaper settings
    Jhett likes this.
    04-25-2012 11:17 PM
    JhettDark,

Did you try the re-boot I suggested?

JerryF
    04-27-2012 08:29 AM
    I rebooted three times a few weeks back when my battery started not last as long after the update. The wallpaper will still not scroll. For that matter, I can't even figure out how to get that as an option anymore.
    04-27-2012 09:13 PM
    In addition to the battery life being shortened (mentioned by several people here), I can no longer get 4G service in my house. Verizon seems to think it's a hardware issue with my phone (even though none of these problems manifested themselves before the update). My 4G service has up until now been very strong in my house.

Planning to go to Costco later today to look into a warranty claim.
    04-28-2012 09:18 AM
    [SIZE="2"]Since the update has anyone notice that thier phones gets a bit too warm after using it for a short period of time? It is not quite overheating, but it is getting close to it. Verizon told me last night that there might be another update coming soon.

What are your thoughts or is this happening to you?

BTW I too miss the puzzle piece!
    Thanks[/SIZE]
    05-04-2012 08:17 AM
    Update: Turns out the FP1 update had nothing to do with my loss of 4G service. Instead, Verizon found a signal problem in my area and fixed it. Now 4G is strong as ever.
    05-04-2012 09:13 AM
    Update: Turns out the FP1 update had nothing to do with my loss of 4G service. Instead, Verizon found a signal problem in my area and fixed it. Now 4G is strong as ever.
    I found that interesting. I wonder if the shorten battery life might be related as well. Do you see any improvement there?
    05-04-2012 10:10 AM
    I noticed my phone could melt butter after the update. Its hot in my defender case and even hotter without it.

sent from my SCH-I510 using tapatalk
    05-12-2012 07:46 AM
    I noticed the other day when I used the navigation in maps, my entire phone got really warm. Has any one else noticed this or talked to Verizon about it?
    05-13-2012 09:35 AM
    I have but their solution is a battery pull or factory reset...

sent from my SCH-I510 using tapatalk
    05-15-2012 09:53 PM
    so basically they were no help at all. Why don't I find it hard to believe. Seems like even Samsung has given up on this phone. It is a shame because this phone could have been so much more....
    05-15-2012 10:41 PM
130 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD