New Droid Charge Update

Jermitis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got the new update about 30 mins ago on my Charge. Haven't noticed many changes yet except that it has an ICS-like lock screen now. I don't even see an option anymore to change to the puzzle piece or "glass" lock screen either. Otherwise, I haven't noticed many changes yet. And they STILL haven't changed the color scheme that they said they would change with the GB update. The brown and orange is hard to look at.

Reactions: cucubear36

Jhett

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I just got the update a few minutes ago. Other than the different-look lock screen, the only major difference I have found is the background image. Previously it was 7 screens wide and would move a little as I swiped from left to right and vice-versa. Now it seems to be static. Does anyone know how to get that functionality back?

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
PS - Here is the new lock screen. I cannot change it to anything else either. Too bad, I liked the puzzle pieces better.

2rqbksk.jpg

Reactions: earlingy

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
My wife's phone had the update pushed to her phone as well. Strange there was no big rumors of this update and not even FP announcement of the release so it must have been really secret. I haven't seen much of a chance either other than the lock screen. I think it's better now but I know some like the puzzle piece. Interested in the change log and if the GPS locking has been addressed even slightly.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Found the change log, looks like nothing that exciting.

Device Features
  • Updated User Interface (UI).
  • Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
  • No longer receive a promotional notification popup when using Mobile Hotspot.
  • Device allows for USB tethering while in Wi-Fi mode.
  • No longer lose data connectivity when the USB cable is connected or disconnected.
  • Easily view data activity with the Wi-Fi icon located in the status bar.
  • Complete calls without experiencing choppy audio, clicking noises and/or one-way audio noises.
  • Resolved "no tones" dial pad issue, allowing for easy access to voice mail and other automated systems.

Applications & Widgets:
  • Receive enhanced customer support with the Verizon Remote Diagnostics (VRD) application.
  • This application, with customer approval, allows VZW Customer Care to remotely view the device for troubleshooting, device training and application demonstrations.
  • VZ Navigator? is now updated to version 7.5.1.52.
  • The Google Mobile Services (GMS) package includes updated Google Books, Market and Gmail applications.
  • Default browser landing page is now Google.
  • Updates protect device from data loss caused by some 3rd party Android Market? applications.

Accessories:
  • Desk-dock crash issue resolved.

cec33

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Would like to know about tethering with third party apps. Changelog seemed to have a lot of items about tethering. Don't tether often but nice to have it as an option when i'm stuck. Thanks!

ztkryan

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmmph still waiting

If you would like to be done waiting you can manually update to FP1 by following this procedure:

1. Download this file: 668fc9f366e2.update_SCH-I510_EP4D_to_FP1H.zip
2. Rename the file to update.zip
3. Copy the update.zip to the root of your SD card
4. Shutdown phone
5. Hold down the volume up, home, and power button
6. Once in android stock recovery arrow and and select "apply sdcard update.zip" with the home button
7. Select update.zip with the home button
8. The update will run and phone will reboot on its own then you will be on FP1:p

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463