New Droid Charge Update

bartclan

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Wife's Charge got the update last night and lost both the puzzle lock screen and the Ocean View live wallpaper. Any recommendations on how to get these back?

the_b

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Does this new update fix the fact that the Facebook app sucks and can't upload any photos, or the issue where it takes 3-5 seconds for the mp3 ringtone to start playing when someone calls?

mantips

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with the update know the answer here? Specifically with the use of suchs apps as "SVTP Wifi & USB Tethering" or Foxfi?

Thanks

+1 I use foxfi for ipad wifi and it seems too good to be true. Any chance the new update could disable wifi hotspot sometime later after install? i.e. works fine right after update, then after enough users have adopted the update: BAM! no more wifi hotspot from third party apps. Or maybe I am just paranoid.

MP5_ForTheWin

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice the beach live wallpaper went missing after the update? My wife had a fit when her's went away this morning when she updated... Anyone have a similar replacement from the market? she didn't like the Beach HD that I got for her... she wanted the touch reactive water...

Thanks guys...

I lost my stock root but reflashed on the su binaries and was good to go..

Deradorn

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I confirmed foxfi still works after update. I am going to miss the puzzle lock and the shifting backgrounds but it will be worth it for any potential performance improvements. I am just glad to see any updates at all and am hoping maybe getting ICS isn't out of the realm of possibility .

mkoronka

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I live in Michigan but am in Orlando Florida right now and got my update down here. I notice a faster boot up and can unlock the phone faster. I am I guess one of the fortunate few that had a quick GPS lock before the update but I still plan on checking. There is a battery % indicator on the lock screen now while charging. I live in a 3g area but here the 4g speeds are incredible. In Disney World I pulled a 26m download and I am convinced that this phone cannot keep up with that speed. Need a faster processor and dual core. Battery life sucks but maybe that's because I have to keep playing with this stupid thing not having 4g at home. Its like 2 batteries a day. But for all you 3g folks out there your gonna love 4g when you get it. Will be checking more and report back.:)

bildoo#AC

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I got the update this morning and I applied it and it failed. A few hours later, I was notified of a system update and I installed it and it failed. (progress bar makes it 1/3 then phone reboots). I then downloaded the update from here and manually appied it and that one fails also. sayin: assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/cityid-release.apk" ........mumbo jumbo letters and numbers..... E:Error in /temp/sideload/package.zip

Any Ideas?

brudest

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Got my update last night. I'll miss the sliding wallpaper, but if this fixes my GPS lock issues, it'll be totally worth it. So far I'm getting a super fast lock. I'll not jump the gun though, i seem to recall the the GPS being good for a day or two after the GB update before going back to being unusable. Crossing my fingers!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

brudest

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
i apologize if im not doing this correctly but does anyone know a way to get the puzzle lock screen back? i depended on the large puzzle pieces telling me that i had text or mail. the tiny icon in the upper left isn't doing it for my not so great vision. i would love to contact Google and voice my opinion but i cant even figure out how to do that despite lots of searching on Google
thanks

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried NoLED? It'll have color boxes that move around when you get texts and email. I use it and think it's great. Solves that problem too.

fundragon

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Found the change log, looks like nothing that exciting.
[*]Complete calls without experiencing choppy audio, clicking noises and/or one-way audio noises.

If true, that's very exciting. Calls on my wife's Droid Charge have gotten garbled audio on a regular basis. Mine too, to a lesser extent.

Last edited:

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
From the look of it I bet this update was mainly to bypass the moronic Slide to unlock patent recently granted to Apple by the geniuses at the patent office.

Sent from my ICS enabled Touch pad with tapatalk

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I ran the OTA update on my rooted phone and am still on firmware 2.3.6 and EP4. Now the OTA update is no longer available but I am still rooted. How can I unroot then upgrade? Will doing a factory reset unroot the phone?

nocks926

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
After updating yesterday, my alarm did not go off this morning. It was on the charger. When I woke up - late for work - I looked at my phone. It said fully-charged - I was expecting it to be off due to the lack of alarm. I looked at my alarm and all of the settings were fine. It should have went off. This can't be a coincidence. Anyone else have an issue with theirs? I checked all of the sound settings as well. I'm guessing it was because it was plugged into the charger?

Eighty_3#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I've also noticed that scrollable wallpapers are no longer available. Every wallpaper I tried would remain in a fixed position. :mad:

I resolved this by using an alternative launcher. :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance