Not that it will do any good, but don't forget to call, email, facebook, twitter,... your disappointment with them on not bringing ICS to the Charge. If they're not going to give it to us fine, but at least I'm going to let them know how I feel.

http://www.facebook.com/SamsungMobileUSA
    Jhett likes this.
    04-25-2012 08:51 PM
    What other single core devices are getting it? Isn't it optimized for dual core devices?
    04-26-2012 12:59 AM
    The htc thunderbolt is getting ICS and it is a very similar phone to the charge spec wise.
    04-26-2012 01:04 AM
    What other single core devices are getting it? Isn't it optimized for dual core devices?
    HTC Thunderbolt and HTC DROID Incredible 2.
    04-26-2012 01:09 AM
    I really really want ICS. I just hope it runs smoothly on the Charge. My phone is running faster and smoother now than at any point since I bought it (Tweaked 2.0 + Zeam). I don't want to sacrifice that utility for ICS. If ICS runs as smoothly as GB (or ICS-based custom ROMs as smoothly as GB-based custom ROMs), I will be both surprised and incredibly excited.
    04-26-2012 01:22 AM
    It's not only Samsung, but it also includes Verzion.
    Even if you got Samsung to release ICS for the Charge, it's up to Verizon to work out their proprietary stuff, then sign it and OTA it.
    Same for other carriers too, even the GSM ones.
    This is why I really dislike our mobile carriers and never get their phones with their logos on it because that means they partially own it, and releasing an update has to go through them and come from them.
    04-26-2012 01:23 AM
    I really really want ICS. I just hope it runs smoothly on the Charge. My phone is running faster and smoother now than at any point since I bought it (Tweaked 2.0 + Zeam). I don't want to sacrifice that utility for ICS. If ICS runs as smoothly as GB (or ICS-based custom ROMs as smoothly as GB-based custom ROMs), I will be both surprised and incredibly excited.
    I was running an ICS ROM on my Fascinate before picking up a Charge on eBay (I wanted 4G and bigger screen). ICS can run on these older devices, and the ROM was as smooth and quick as any GB ROM I've used. But I would not say it was earth-shattering to have ICS...the differences, to me, were barely noticable. But that could also have more to do with the fact it was running on a much older, single core device. I'm running Tweaked 2.0 on my Charge as well, and this phone is still far superior than my Fascinate with ICS running. How much better could the Charge be with ICS? Maybe a little better, but again, probably nothing that would make you say "Holy Canoli, this is amazing!".

I think it's funny how people get so caught up in the idea that they "need" ICS. And don't get me wrong, it is nice and I was chomping at the bit to get it on my device as well. But if your phone works, and works well, without the latest and greatest, just enjoy what you have and relax a little more!
    04-26-2012 07:08 AM
    I was running an ICS ROM on my Fascinate before picking up a Charge on eBay (I wanted 4G and bigger screen). ICS can run on these older devices, and the ROM was as smooth and quick as any GB ROM I've used. But I would not say it was earth-shattering to have ICS...the differences, to me, were barely noticable. But that could also have more to do with the fact it was running on a much older, single core device. I'm running Tweaked 2.0 on my Charge as well, and this phone is still far superior than my Fascinate with ICS running. How much better could the Charge be with ICS? Maybe a little better, but again, probably nothing that would make you say "Holy Canoli, this is amazing!".

I think it's funny how people get so caught up in the idea that they "need" ICS. And don't get me wrong, it is nice and I was chomping at the bit to get it on my device as well. But if your phone works, and works well, without the latest and greatest, just enjoy what you have and relax a little more!
    I don't want ICS for the sake of having ICS. I want ICS so I can have access to ICS-exclusive apps. I want Chrome, and I want to try out the new launchers. Also, as more phones gets ICS, there will be more and more ICS-exclusive apps, just like there are lots of GB+ apps now that almost all phones have it.
    04-26-2012 12:47 PM
    I agree with wanting the apps and launchers that are ics-only. But those are not must haves for me. I recently picked up a used HTC Rezound to see what HTC devices are like, and it should get ics soon. Then I will have a better feel for the benefits of it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    04-26-2012 01:25 PM
    My device has it and it's single core

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    04-26-2012 01:45 PM
    I agree with wanting the apps and launchers that are ics-only. But those are not must haves for me. I recently picked up a used HTC Rezound to see what HTC devices are like, and it should get ics soon. Then I will have a better feel for the benefits of it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    What do you think of the Rezound so far? I'm currently looking at that, the Nexus, and the Razr. I have only played with the Razr (and only for a few minutes). I think I would rather have the Nexus, as from my experience, I prefer the Samsung/Galaxy phones to others. But Motorola has always put out very quality products IMO, and the Rezound's hardware is pretty beastly. I also looked into the Lucid and Spectrum, but the development communities seem to be much smaller and the reviews for those were not nearly as good as the other three.

My device has it and it's single core

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Does it run as smoothly as GB did? Also, from what I've seen, the Nexus line of phones always outperform their specs compared to other phones with the same specs. But I am not as knowledgeable about these things as most of the people on the forums, and I would actually prefer to be proved wrong about my suspicion that ICS will not run as smoothly as GB on the Charge.
    04-27-2012 02:05 PM
    Haven't even activated the Rezound yet, just got it off eBay. I'm actually going to wait until it gets the official ICS update, and stick with my Charge until then. I just couldn't pass up the deal I got (less than $200 for a slightly used Rezound with a scratch on the screen - no big deal to me). I would prefer the Nexus, as I too prefer Samsung, but I'm curious to try another mfg for a little while just to broaden my horizons a little. My upgrade is not until November, so by then the choices should be even better than what is out now.

BTW, there is a good thread going on about ICS, check it out...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ice...slike-ics.html
    04-27-2012 02:59 PM
    Samsung profits jump as smartphone sales outstrip Apple

Samsung widen its lead over Apple as the biggest producer of smartphones, as sales of high-end handsets like the Galaxy Note and Galaxy S2 outstripped the iPhone by nearly 10m units.

However, Apple's smartphone business still far outstripped Samsung's in terms of profitability.
    04-27-2012 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD