Terrible battery life lately....

dman2275

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Anyone notice the battery life on their Charge has been poor lately. I have noticed in the last week, I can barely get 8 hours out of my phone (without really using it). When using the phone, I can maybe get four hours (calls, text). I was regluarly getting a full day (16 hours) on minimal use up until recently. Nothing suspicious under the battery use screen that I can see.

I am on Eclipse 2.0 (stock kernel) but my friend is completely stock and is reporting the same thing.

mkoronka

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been nothing to brag about- one a day sometimes longer (daylight hours)- every since I got the phone. Something that I have learned to live with. But I do use it. I often picture in my mind the Sammy Charge with a battery of the Razor MAX. One thing that I keep in mind is the life of my batteries, well over a year old now so you know they are not going to preform the way they did when they were new. I am most thankful that I have a spare battery.

Wireless Vet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice the battery life on their Charge has been poor lately. I have noticed in the last week, I can barely get 8 hours out of my phone (without really using it). When using the phone, I can maybe get four hours (calls, text). I was regluarly getting a full day (16 hours) on minimal use up until recently. Nothing suspicious under the battery use screen that I can see.

I am on Eclipse 2.0 (stock kernel) but my friend is completely stock and is reporting the same thing.

My battery life has been nothing but outstanding with Background Data and Auto Sync off.

SeeD65

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I am also experiencing BAD battery life lately. This all started about 3 weeks ago and it has gotten progressively worse. I have the phone on by 5am and by noon, the battery is down to 30%. I am running 4G.

Once I did the update a month or two ago I was getting excellent battery service. I wonder if it is software related??

I am hating this phone now.

Any help? :)

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
You know, just today mine was at 100% and 3 hours later at 50%!!!! full signal and 4g and I wasn't using it!!!!

sent from my SCH-I510 using tapatalk 2

IMURZRO

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I've also noticed this the last couple of weeks. I'm still running a rooted version of 2.3.5. I have two batteries that I alternate between. My phone will last from 7am until about 1pm. Normally it would last me until 6pm before I'd have to swap my battery. I haven't been using my phone anymore than normal. I even turned off 4G mode for a few days and that didn't help. I started to think that after a year maybe the batteries were starting to lose their charge, but now that others are having the same problem...I'm not so sure.

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I'm stock. Was lasting all day, now down to around 4 hours. I've had the phone for a year and was thinking it was just time for a replacement?

IMURZRO

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
It's funny...after about two weeks of garbage battery life, today I was able to get 14 hours on one battery. Also considering a replacement...

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually SOO over it I've given up. I had 3 batteries, standard and 2 extra Hyperion batteries from EBay. Everything was fine until about 2 months ago. Stock Samsung battery crapped out and wouldn't charge at all, maybe my fault from putting it in the external Hyperion charger. First Hyperion battery started crapping out last month, wouldn't charge at all anymore and said FULL but had 0%. Last Hyperion battery started dying last week and gets at most 3 hours now on a full charge. In fact, today after talking an hour it died completely and the phone was PLUGGED IN!

Droid Maxx here I come!

nocks926

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes! Same thing here! About a few weeks ago I noticed it getting worse and worse. I'll be at 80% battery life when I go to sleep and when I wake up it's practically dead! I've even been shutting my data off and still I can't hold a charge now. It's lasts 4 hours maximum on a full battery without even touching it. I've killed all background data, running applications, etc. Nothing helps. It definitely started occurring after the system update. This is ridiculous. I use it for my GPS and got LOST because it died on me when I had full battery an hour prior. Even got a new battery. Same problems.

bl4ke360

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem until I bought a new battery, now it lasts 2-3 days without having to charge it, and under normal usage. My old battery had a bulge in it, and if yours does too it means you need to replace it because it retains a lot less charge than a new one.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem until I bought a new battery, now it lasts 2-3 days without having to charge it, and under normal usage. My old battery had a bulge in it, and if yours does too it means you need to replace it because it retains a lot less charge than a new one.

2-3 days??? Ive NEVER seen that. I see strange variances that I cant zero in on. Thought maybe Go Launcher was causing it but does not seem to relate.

Ill go for days of 12 hours then suddenly drop to less than 6. Then it comes back. No idea why.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

kart38

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I've seen this as well. Only thing I can think of causing the random terrible battery life is maybe the phone has real trouble with signal some days. Switching back and forth between CDMA and LTE is bad for the battery life and the Charge seems to not be very good at making the switch anyways.

Jason

StartingOver1963

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I will have my Charge a year in December. I have been having trouble with it keeping charged the past 5 months. Have to charge it every 3 hours. When I try to take a picture phone shuts itself off and then needs to be charged again. While charging phone gets red hot. Went to Verizon store today they said my battery was swollen and they replaced it. Phone still seems to get hot while using it. We'll see how new battery holds up. I swear the only phone I never seemed to have trouble with was the LG Envy 3.
Paula

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol