FP1 update didn't install correctly?

cualum08

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I think that the FP1 update installed earlier today because I noticed that my lock screen changed. But only for about an hour. It then reverted back to the original lock screen. I double checked the version on the phone and it's showing FP1, but again the lock screen is still the old puzzle piece and I'm not seeing the new diagnostics tool under All Applications, so it seems like the update didn't go through all the way...?

I honestly don't remember seeing the prompt to update, so I may have clicked passed it without paying attention. My battery was relatively low for most of the day, so I probably thought I was dismissing that warning. Maybe the low battery was part of the issue? I had the phone plugged into my computer when I noticed the lock screen changed, so it was hopefully at least charging when the update went through. Phone is not rooted. The only other thing that I can think of that may have interfered is that I had GoLauncher installed.

I tried to pull the update again but it says my phone is up to date. I downloaded the update and tried to install it manually. It ran through the update, but again nothing seems to actually have updated other than the version in the About section.

Here's what I've tried:
- manually applied the update using the Volume Up + Home + Power button function
- restarted multiple times in a row
- pulled battery, SIM and SD cards for 10+ minutes
- factory reset

So a couple of questions:
- Is there anything else I can look for besides the updated lock screen and the diagnostics tool to verify the update went through?
- What do I need to do to apply the update if it needs to be reinstalled?
- Help...?

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Settings....about phone......look at your build number..FP1 really didn't change much at all

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Android Central Forums

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Settings....about phone......look at your build number..FP1 really didn't change much at all

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Android Central Forums

also did ya clean the dalvic cache along with the Cache. looks like we are all drawing straws now on our charge's.. i thought PBJ might spike up my charge but the only thing i get is a new nice n flashy boot when i do a restart..