Droid Charge USB not recognized

twitch93

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I'm new posting here so sorry if I posted this in wrong section. I've read as many threads as I could find on the issue but nothing has worked for me. Every time I connect my Charge to my PC a pop-up appears saying USB device not recognized. I've tried different drivers, cords, ports, and computers, but every time it's the same pop-up. Any help would be much appreciated.

twitch93

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Could someone please help, I've been trying to figure this out for a week or two now. I really want to root my phone, but can't connect phone to PC.

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I'm new posting here so sorry if I posted this in wrong section. I've read as many threads as I could find on the issue but nothing has worked for me. Every time I connect my Charge to my PC a pop-up appears saying USB device not recognized. I've tried different drivers, cords, ports, and computers, but every time it's the same pop-up. Any help would be much appreciated.

Maybe this will help ---- connection of your phone for sync is not the same as connecting your phone for the purpose of rooting.

Are you plugging your phone in while it is on such as in normal use?

To root you will need to be in download mode. That is usually done with the battery out, holding volume down, plug the phone into a usb port on the motherboard of the computer while running odin on a windows machine.

Check out my videos on kraisydave - YouTube

After you have looked around to get an idea of what you need to do, go over to the rooting with FP1 update in the title. That is the latest and will get you all setup. Let me know if you need any more help.

Dave

Wanderist

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Even with the update there are issues with USB connecting on the Charge, to PC. There WAS a new Samsung driver update, which I installed. I was finally able to establish a connection on my Charge, for one minute, and then it disconnects. UNLESS you have active data transfer going on..then it stays connected until completed and disconnects again. Baffling.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20