I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to rooting/changing my phone around. I was on stock and just updated to FP1 today, then used Odin and CWM to install Eclipse 2.0 onto my phone. I'm pretty happy with everything and would like to leave it as it, but this afternoon I started getting notifications to do a system update.

I tried searching a few threads here and most said to use Root Keeper and then just do the update. I tried that, but after the phone reboots I get a picture of the Android with a triangle with an exclamation point in it. I have to remove the battery and reboot, and when I do it goes back to a normal boot into Eclipse/FP1.

I'd prefer to keep my phone as is, and not do any updates and just stop the messages. But if the only way to stop the messages is to update, how do I go about doing it? Thank you for any assistance you can provide!
    08-14-2012 06:31 PM
    I would love to get an answer on this also. I dusted off my old Droid Charge and tried my hand at rooting. I used Tweaked and would like to stop notifications myself.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    08-17-2012 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD