07-05-2017 01:32 PM
188 ... 34567 ...
tools
    try also to format your sd card via camera
    it worked for me.
    11-22-2013 06:44 AM
    okay I'm officially read every post on this thread and no one has answered the question that was posted about when we put in the "chkdsk" command we receive the error that says "cannot open volume for direct access" what should I do after that nothing seems to be working for me and it's starting to drive me crazy please help thank you
    11-29-2013 12:35 PM
    thanks a lot man. I'm proud of you! mukundrathod111
    11-30-2013 07:48 PM
    I think I Got it Finally.
    Recovering Data is not the solution Not even Formatting your SD card.
    I have the same problem after some days it doesn't load some Apps in Android when i check it in the settings it shows "DAMAGED SD CARD"
    I tried to connect with SD CARD Adapter slot in my Laptop but still couldn't detect and it asked to Format it.
    I tried to fix it with "CHKDSK" utility but couldn't do it through windows.
    But could do it with command prompt.
    Not if you have the same problem follow.....

connect your SD card to computer.
    open command prompt.
    How ? .......
    open run from start button
    then type "cmd"
    now type

chkdsk /X /F <SD card drive letter>:

If its K drive then

chkdsk /X /F K:

It will check your card and will repair it.
    Have patience it will take around 10 min.
    when it is done windows will detect your card evn your android phone.
    Have a nice day......
    tnx my friend it worked!!!! Good job!
    11-30-2013 08:47 PM
    Hi, i need help

i have a SD card of 4gb.I accidentally removed it when it was formatting and now i didn't able to format it using Windows Format or Mobile formatting, when i try to format it gives me a Write Protect error, and when i did this "chkdsk /x/f G:" is says it can't do this on RAW . what i do, i want my card back please help me out...
    dude checked out the proper spacing and proper command!
    11-30-2013 08:53 PM
    hello i see u helped many people but for me it cant work it writes: ??? ???????? ???????: RAW.CHKDSK ?????????? ??? ?????? RAW. and does nothing
    12-04-2013 09:25 AM
    Thank alot....its work fine
    12-06-2013 03:04 PM
    Thanks a million!!! I followed the directions for chkdsk that mukundrathod111 posted, and at the end, when I got the Y/N prompt, I choose Y. Worked perfectly! All the photos were saved. Thanks again.
    12-06-2013 03:11 PM
    same happens to me
    12-20-2013 11:30 AM
    Photorec is a great free (donation ware) software from cgsecurity.org. Worked great for me to recover vacation videos from corrupted SD camera card.

Highly recommended it.
    Is it free?
    12-23-2013 07:15 AM
    hi Bhaskar G,
    This problem in your card is due bad sector exist in ur card. If realy want to use it use 'disk part'.
    Solution.
    Step 1: go to run and type diskpart in it .
    Step 2.: Then when u get the window, type list disk u will see list of disk available in ur pc. just note down ur sd card disk number let assume that the sd card number is 1 (1 disk).
    then type the following into the window showing diskpart> press enter after a command
    select disk 1
    clean
    create partition primary
    select partition 1
    format fs=fat32 quick (use ur desired partition methods hear)
    assign
    active

Note:: Doing this will erase all the data in the sd card but card will be working fine.
    Thank you
    vignesh
    01-04-2014 01:06 AM
    Have 32gb micro sd card from samsung galaxy 3. The card suddenly says it was removed. I checked it and it was in the slot exactly as it was supposed to be. But i noticed it was not reading it at all. I tried putting it into my pc via usb holder and also thru the sd card adapter. the pc would not even recognize any drive at all. I have alot stored on the card but am just mainly interested in get all my pics and videos off of it. I have a back up plan with my cell carrier but only a small amount was stored there. Please help! I dont really care if I can save the card, just want to get my picsd and videos off of it first...
    01-07-2014 09:40 AM
    i knew my case might be just coincident but my 32 gb micro sd card was malfunctioned after it passed the airport xray machine last week.
    i tried the chkdsk suggestion in this thread but only some data were retrieved. (2-3 gb out of 10gb of data). meaning trying different data recovery program to see if it can recover more data from the sd card
    01-08-2014 08:58 PM
    thanks you so much mukundrathod111
    01-09-2014 06:32 AM
    Dude
    I had 15 gigs of video from my gopro from my vacation and I was so disappointed the SD said damaged.
    Your chdsk worked! Thank you a zillion times
    Laurence!
    01-11-2014 10:33 AM
    yes it is and i use some software recovering stuff to get some files luckily i recovered some but im still trying to fix it.it is visible on the my computer and yes CHKDSK didnt read it cause its says its unavailable for RAW drives.btw is CHKDSK some sort of disk protocol or something like the ones u used for hidden drive files?
    Hey, may I know how you managed to recover some of your files? I had the same problem as yours, when i used CHKDSK to check my files, it can' read it since it is not available for RAW Drives. Do you have any ways to solve for this problem? Thanks
    01-16-2014 12:13 AM
    okay I'm officially read every post on this thread and no one has answered the question that was posted about when we put in the "chkdsk" command we receive the error that says "cannot open volume for direct access" what should I do after that nothing seems to be working for me and it's starting to drive me crazy please help thank you
    I had the same happen to me. If the card was inserted directly into my laptop's card reader, that happened. I then tried an SD micro USB card reader (an sd micro slot attached to a standard USB plug). When I inserted it into the laptop's USB port, it was read properly and everything was there.
    01-23-2014 04:01 PM
    I m using memory card of micro sd company in micromax canvas2.its showing Damaged external memory card but when connected to pc via some other phone its showing in laptop. i had format my memory card but after few days its again showing same problem ........what should i do????
    01-25-2014 05:06 AM
    Hello!
    This is the second time in 1 month that my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 pulls the "Your sd card is corrupt, thingy."

Using the CMD prompt in Windows 7, which takes you to a DOS black window, I then typed
    chkdsk_/X_/F_D:

Note- where above an underline _ equals a space, make sure and place your spaces correctly, and on my computer my microsd using and sd adapter came up as a D drive.

Worked like a charm. Did not have to use Photorec or any other program.

Saw all the files restored on the card while still plugged in to my computer, ejected the card from my computer placed it back in my phone and everything was restored, programs, pictures, music.

Btw. The command ran complete and I never received a Y or N question. Just a summary of what was done to the card.

Thank you.

Now onto Samsung to find out why this Note 3 corrupts the external card, "just because."
    01-27-2014 12:30 AM
    Awesome it worked...Thank you so much...!!!
    01-27-2014 11:12 AM
    ok, i have read all instructions...and here is my issue.

SD card on phone said blank..option came to reformat. i took sd card out and plugged iit into my computer/laptop win 7, did the run-cmd-chkdsk and i am not sure what i need to type...my removalble disk is (E and it is listed under my computer hard drive (C, so i typed chkdsk /c E: and it says "cannot open volume for direct access".

totally stumped.

more info: there is nothing on my phone...now..obviously. When i plug in the micro sd to my pc it shows i have a removable disk but a box pops up saying it needs to be reformatted..and says there is is nothing in the disk. Also, i have Recuva...and it says nothing found as well. so its there but its not. Please help. I am trying to save pictures. Unfortunatly i use my phone to take vid and pics of my 2 yr old and now i have none.
    02-03-2014 01:49 AM
    mukundrathod111 Your the man!!! I was worried I had lost all my important files but this method fixed my problem in 2 seconds! Thanks a bunch!!
    02-05-2014 01:12 PM
    I have the same problem "Cannot open volume for direct access"
    02-09-2014 03:32 AM
    when type chkdsk /X /F <SD card drive letter>: in cmd... there said can't do for raw drive... which mean of this and how to do?
    02-12-2014 12:16 AM
    I have the same issue as Chen Meiying and I'm frustrated cause my 32GB SDHC cost me much money
    02-17-2014 12:08 PM
188 ... 34567 ...