Droid Charge: Damaged SD card Error / Won't Mount - Fix??

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi All:
My 16GB SD Card works fine in my PC but not in my Micromax phone..

I tried the chkdsk option given here but I am getting this message.... after running till 71%......

C:\Documents and Settings\Krishna>chkdsk /X /F I:
The type of the file system is FAT32.
Volume Serial Number is 9016-4EF8
Windows is verifying files and folders...
The size of the \mtklog\aee_exp\db.03\db.03.dbg entry is not valid.

C:\Documents and Settings\Krishna>

What should I do? Please help....

Ergo_Proxy

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi. i had a similar problem and found a solution. i have an htc thunderbolt, and randomly the sd card became damaged it was appearing as not there, or occasionally it would work for as few minutes. luckily i could still access the files on my win 8 pc, so i saved the important stuff. i tried a reset, and that didn't work. so i did what i dreaded to do. i opened settings in my phone and tapped erase SD card. the files are gone, but now my phone can read my sd card. probably on too many drops ;) so yeah, now to recopy over my music. ps, if music copying is a pain for anyone, if you only have a few songs to send over, send yourself an email with the songs attached. i found that to be far preferable than trying to deal with HTC drivers in my win 8 pc.

Max_A

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: Damaged Sd card Error / Wont Mount - Fix??

Hi. Had same problem with RAW error when attempting to use chkdsk to fix an SD memory card trashed by my Galaxy S3. After much pain using the following solution I recovered everything from my card. Haven't tried to reformat card yet but my main concern was data. If when using the chkdsk command, get an error "The type of file is RAW. CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives", try the following.

I'm only a junior member so can not post a link, but if you search for a tool called ZAR (=Zero Assumption Recovery) - search "zar raw" will bring up a site from where the tool can be downloaded with instructions etc - warning it is very geeky but it worked ! First time I used it showed me a graphic of my corrupted card with 100% bad sectors and the tool hung up and crashed my laptop. After rebooting etc, had another go and the graphic showed my sd card with nice green sectors and blue dots of good data. After about an hour of processing the tool finished and had a list of all my files recovered (about 99%) some music was scrambled but was more worried about data. The files have to be saved to another drive (NOT to ORIGINAL SD Card). Now have my data back. Will post how I get on reformatting the card. Good luck !!!

Saqib Omar

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
i have a micro sd i have my son being born on it ,but i have a mac how can i get it back and i think the files are corrupted, and some files say quicktime can't open them any sulotions

George Eduard

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi, i have the same problem with "corrupted sd card" , but when i use chkdsk /x /f on my I: drive, it will take a looong time to reach the Volumes part and then it shows me this error: The wrong volume is in the drive. Please insert volume into drive I:.
For the first few tries or without using the /x part, it will reach the "0 percent completed" and then just finishes without doing anything else.
Any ideas as to why any of this is happening?

sweetpea_n_angel

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
***was trying to reply to a specific person in this thread. Sorry for the confusion***

Realizing this thread is older but still wanting to say THANK YOU!!! After several hours of reading/researching on how to retrieve my photos from a corrupt/damaged sd card, I found this forum. Read through and decided to give it a shot... AND.... It worked for my situation... I followed the steps you provided and the card was restored with ALL data in tact. One happy camper here!

sweetpea_n_angel

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

oops ~ newbie here. trying to figure out how to reply to a specific person within the thread. I am thinking it can't be done. ... sorry.

Suraiya Suma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
hello. my SD card was damaged.at 1st my phn asked for formatting.bt i tapped unmount SD card :(. nw my phn iz not asking for formate.its saying insert a sD card t mount.even laptop iz not reading my card.so i cant even formate it.what do do?plz help :( how can i formate my sD?

Cristian Csenteri

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
sd card damaged and cannt fix

My second sd card is 'damaged' somehow after I put it into my tablet.
I tried to fix with cmd but is not working because is RAW format ... and that's the second time, I mean my second sd card, cuz i buyed a new one after
the first was damaged.I pluged into my tablet and connect it ti my pc to coy something on it .After a couple of hours the new sd card he was damaged.
I think is my tab or i dont know.

LindaMus

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site

You are a genius! Thank you!!! This worked perfectly and immediately. Ran the command and the SD card files opened right up in my Win Explorer window.

Shruangel

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi there I read this thread of yours. tried the cmd performed your chkdsk steps but it says not available for RAW. I have twin mos 16 gb sdhc card. Microsoft xp home premium laptop of HP. Pls help.

Wolfslash599

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I think I Got it Finally.
Recovering Data is not the solution Not even Formatting your SD card.
I have the same problem after some days it doesn't load some Apps in Android when i check it in the settings it shows "DAMAGED SD CARD"
I tried to connect with SD CARD Adapter slot in my Laptop but still couldn't detect and it asked to Format it.
I tried to fix it with "CHKDSK" utility but couldn't do it through windows.
But could do it with command prompt.
Not if you have the same problem follow.....

connect your SD card to computer.
open command prompt.
How ? .......
open run from start button
then type "cmd"
now type

chkdsk /X /F <SD card drive letter>:

If its K drive then

chkdsk /X /F K:

It will check your card and will repair it.
Have patience it will take around 10 min.
when it is done windows will detect your card evn your android phone.
Have a nice day......:D:D:D:D:D

I tried this but it said it couldnt find the file specified even when my phone is connected as mass storage

Last edited by a moderator:

Tokisaki Kurumi

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
OMG!!!! Thanks to those who teached the CMD chkdsk /X /F <SD card> really works for me!!! I have a Lenovo A850 and my phone suddently restart it by it self...once my phone boot up, it shows the message "sd card damaged" but i did not want to reformat it so I am glade I found this forum and it really helped me. Once again Thank You. You all saved all my pictres, misic and all my apps. Thank You.

Tusharpratim Saikia

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
sir.i tried all the way to solve my problem but it could not help me..so..plz could you help me to solve my problem .I have a samsung evo 32GB sd card.when i connect it to my mobiles it shows damaged sd card. what should i have to do to solve this problem ? i already tried all cmd programes also but it didnt work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol