06-10-2011 03:57 PM
54 123
tools
    This phone looks like robocop designed it!

DP, if Samsung used that in their advertisements, I would've surgically implanted the hidden compartment that the Beretta is housed in

Personally, I welcome the change from the conventional black slab design that continues to dominate the market. My only gripe is that prior to this unveiling, I was dead set on upgrading to the Droid Pro from my DX because I've had Blackberry keypad withdrawal ever since I went with the dInc. But the SCH-i520...yum.
    01-09-2011 09:53 PM
    Not me. Samsung doesn't support their devices. Going with the HTC Thunderbolt
    01-14-2011 11:38 PM
    I really like the look of this phone but then again I like the bionic and tbolt. I guess I have to wait till all 3 come out and play with them.

Dinc virtuous 3.2 rom
    heyitslou #8 kernel
    01-15-2011 01:17 PM
    im liking it to. its the only phone out of the new ones that i do like. all the other just seem like there copies of other phones.
    01-15-2011 06:11 PM
    goodtopic
    g
    01-18-2011 12:34 AM
    Not me. Samsung doesn't support their devices. Going with the HTC Thunderbolt
    And that is the big problem. If they did support their devices like other manufacturers, this phone would be a top seller.
    01-22-2011 07:49 PM
    There is something about the physical look of this phone that is making me take a pass.
    01-30-2011 04:47 PM
    i throw cases on all my phones so i doesnt bother me . cant wait to get it
    01-30-2011 04:49 PM
    I'm leaning towards this device so far.

I don't care about software updates, I leave that to the ROM chefs and ROMs they cook.
    03-03-2011 12:05 PM
    I'm kinda feeling this phone. As far as the software is concerned, I'm thinking this one might get extra love, seeing as how it's Samsung's flagship VZW 4G/LTE device, so maybe, just maybe.

As far as people disliking the chin, I can understand that. It's starting to grow on me though. Thinking about it, my thumb really doesn't move side to side in a straight line. There is almost like a slight 'V' to the motion that feels more natural. I'm wondering if that might not be a factor in the shape.

In any event I'm gonna wait til there are lots of them in the store to play with. I feel like this device could be really nice or feel really cheap in the hand. If it's the latter I'll probably be considering something else.
    03-04-2011 11:52 PM
    If this had a dual core processor, I would buy this the day it came out eventhough the S2 is much better looking. As is, I will probably wait.
    03-07-2011 04:37 PM
    While there is something about this phone that bugs me (in the looks dept), I can say this; if it comes to dealing with poor battery life on a TB (currently have one for a few more days before I return it) or the odd/weird/fugly look of the charge, I think I can better deal with the looks. I kind of need a phone that can, realistically, last me at least 8 hours. I don't care much about the updates (or lack of them) so I'm thinking I'll try out the Sammy when it's available. And to be honest, the thing kind of grows on me the more I see it.
    03-24-2011 02:26 PM
    Plus sumsung phones be rooted and customized, fairly easily.

Sent by my droid
    03-24-2011 05:23 PM
    Plus sumsung phones be rooted and customized, fairly easily.

Sent by my droid
    Yup, thats why the issue of samsung updated their software is a non issue for me. Im going with this one for the screen...
    03-25-2011 09:37 AM
    I'm going to get this on release day. Bleh on the TB. If screen is better than current samoled, which it should be, then I am all over this thing. Jus hope the network isn't saturated with all them TB users.

I kinda like the shape of the thing. Those of you who don't like it must be former bb users?
    03-29-2011 06:40 PM
    While there is something about this phone that bugs me (in the looks dept), I can say this; if it comes to dealing with poor battery life on a TB (currently have one for a few more days before I return it) or the odd/weird/fugly look of the charge, I think I can better deal with the looks. I kind of need a phone that can, realistically, last me at least 8 hours. I don't care much about the updates (or lack of them) so I'm thinking I'll try out the Sammy when it's available. And to be honest, the thing kind of grows on me the more I see it.
    When I was looking at new Verizon smartphone offerings in mid-May the looks of the HTC Thunderbolt really caught my eye. The look of the Charge (which had just come out for sale) did not appeal to me at first sight. But as I researched the two phones I kept hearing of issues with the T'bolt and good things about the Charge. I went ahead and bought the Charge because it seemed like it would give better battery life and fewer problems than the T'bolt. I have not been displeased so far. The Charge has been working very well for me and has been doing great on battery life. The looks have really grown on me too. And I like how lightweight it feels. I'm very glad I went with the Charge over the T'Bolt and LG Revolution.
    06-09-2011 10:54 AM
    I had a tbolt and after 3 replacements i had had enough of so i got the charge. I love this phone and honestly think that the only thing that could make the large better would be if it came with sense ui
    06-09-2011 01:14 PM
    I've owned the charge for 3 weeks now... and I'm actually loving this phone! I've hheard plenty of complaints regarding the form factor... but I'm actually digging it a lot! The buttons on the bottom are actually awesome, IMO... I much prefer them over touchscreen navigation buttons now that I've used these for a while. The bump on the back if the phone is mostly removed by my incipio cover, but Irma otherwise quite functional for the speaker output quality.
    06-09-2011 02:09 PM
    I have owned the charge for almost two weeks. Previous to this I was on AT&T with the Samsung Captivate, which I purchased shortly after it came out. The Captivate was rooted with a custom ROM (Serendipity) and was a great phone, and AT&Ts 3G network is not bad. I was pulling down between 2-3 MBs down in my locations. But for me the network is the thing, and the Charge on Verizon is a better phone than the Captivate on AT&T (IMO). The screen is better and in stock form ( I have not rooted yet) it is smoother than the Captivate was in stock form. As far as 4G is concerned, there is no comparison. I live in the Baltimore, MD area, and I spend half my time in the Pittsburgh, PA area on business. In both places I am pulling over 12MBs down and around 5-6MBs up. I don't know of any other network that compares to this. 4G LTE is the bomb, and I believe that the Charge and Verizon is the best 4G phone/network combo available. I will probably root and do a custom ROM later when development matures a bit.

JW
    06-09-2011 02:20 PM
    But could do without the random restarts... kind of annoying
    06-09-2011 02:58 PM
    I have it and i love it!

Sent from my awesome Droid Charge
    06-09-2011 03:26 PM
    But could do without the random restarts... kind of annoying
    that random restart thing is pretty abnormal for the charge i dont know many people that have reported this, how is your setup. What apps have you installed?
    06-09-2011 03:30 PM
    that random restart thing is pretty abnormal for the charge i dont know many people that have reported this, how is your setup. What apps have you installed?
    Having the same issue. Wish they had some sort of error logging.

Is there an easy way to get a list of all apps installed on my phone? Would be easier to copy paste rather than type each one out.
    06-09-2011 03:33 PM
    Having the same issue. Wish they had some sort of error logging.

Is there an easy way to get a list of all apps installed on my phone? Would be easier to copy paste rather than type each one out.
    Nevermind, found an app that can do this. Will post app list here.
    06-09-2011 03:46 PM
    i do love the phone... just need to find the right settings to make the battery last longer im not even getting 8 hrs out of it
    06-09-2011 05:00 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD