Droid Charge Marketing Materials Arrive at Verizon Locations

nick1020

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
charge.jpg

We received them 4/20/11 Launch shouldnt be to far off. Could be in relation to the revival of the droid landing twitter page, could this launch before or after the incredible 2?

So Samsungs droid charge, or HTC's Thunderbolt if you had to choose between the two?

Last edited:

lpsquall

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting the images. Did it provide any other details about the device?
I am really considering this phone over the thunderbolt.

nick1020

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for posting the images. Did it provide any other details about the device?
I am really considering this phone over the thunderbolt.

No details, just super AMOLED screen (which we already knew). No date either, but it will be soon.

The thing that concerns me with samsung decives on verizon is that they dont upgrade them. Look at the fascinate!
Where you know HTC is going to keep their decives updated, especially Verizon flagship devices like the thunderbolt.

Maybe that wont be the case with the Droid Charge.

xeroslash

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
If there's nothing out-of-this-world released by the end of this year, i'll most likely get my 4g going with this. Love my fascinate now (regardless of updates) and the screen is too much to give up, so this just seems like a natural progression for me. Look forward to the full review.

Hopefully good things are had once released.

jramone

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Release Date 4/28/2011

You can take this for what it's worth, but I called Verizon to see if I am eligable for a 1 year service contract since I am on a corporate plan, they said I was and wondered if I was interested in upgrading now. I told them that I was waiting for a new phone. She asked which one and I said the Droid Charge, she said, "Do you want me to call you next week when it comes out?" I laughed and asked if she was confirming it was coming out next Thursday, and she laughed and just repeated, "Do you want me to call you when it comes out?" then laughed. I took that as a confirmation she screwed up and it will be released next Thursday. Just thought I would let you know.

nick1020

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
If there's nothing out-of-this-world released by the end of this year, i'll most likely get my 4g going with this. Love my fascinate now (regardless of updates) and the screen is too much to give up, so this just seems like a natural progression for me. Look forward to the full review.

Hopefully good things are had once released.

Wow im eating my own words. Froyo tomorrow for the fascinate! official

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I think im moving past the whole updating issue and still want this over the Bolt. I just can't give into getting on the thunderbolt bandwagon, its just been flashed around to much and is everywhere, people say good things about, i know friends who love it, but for some reason with this underdog phone against the bolt...i want it more. People rag on this phone and i get all skeptical but then i return wanting the phone more then ever. Something about this phone just draws me in...SAMOLED Plus mmmm drool*

BobR

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
The marketing materials in stores.... I remember someone saying the same thing before the Thunderbolt launch. How long did it take between receiving the marketing materials and the actual launch date?

I suspect at least that it won't release tomorrow, because we would also be hearing about phones arriving in stores, and that hasn't happened to my knowledge.

nick1020

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
The marketing materials in stores.... I remember someone saying the same thing before the Thunderbolt launch. How long did it take between receiving the marketing materials and the actual launch date?

I suspect at least that it won't release tomorrow, because we would also be hearing about phones arriving in stores, and that hasn't happened to my knowledge.

No it wont be released tomorrow. We got the incredible 2 marketing material a week ago and it still hasnt launched. All of these make a probable release before the end of april. So I say give it a week or so

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Nick thanks for the pics...this stuff makes me excited!
Wonder if they are in all the stores or just a select few.
I am gonna go into my local store just to look at some nice charge marketing material, if they have it or not.
Oh and congrats on getting AC front page exposure!

Can you tell I am almost nutso for this phone?

Last edited:

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
...Why does the box just say "super amoled"? The specs on the AC page say it's sa too... this IS a super amoled plus screen, right????

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
...Why does the box just say "super amoled"? The specs on the AC page say it's sa too... this IS a super amoled plus screen, right????

Good catch ragdoll, I think/hope/sure it is a typo.
You would think they would tout one of the best features of the phone.
Those idiots!

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah should be a typo. Now they announce the Casio commando on a 4/28 release along with the Incredible 2 and supposedly the Droid Charge. I wonder if they would bring out 3 different phones on the same day. Maybe its so they can satisfy most of the consumers out there in case someone doesn't want a 4G phone yet or just doesn't like one over the other. Hmm...i wonder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech