Samsung Droid Charge battery life

JeffE

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know anything about the Samsung Droid Charge battery capacity or battery life? I know there have been complaints about the Thunderbolt's battery, and I was wondering if the Charge is expected to be in exactly the same soup or whether Samsung packed a larger battery in this phone. (Extra battery life might even justify the higher price, but it's not like there's much information about it right now.) Thanks.

Balthazar B

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Capacity is 1650MAH, I think. How that translates into usage time depends on a lot of things -- SoC, screen, radios, etc. -- and we won't have any way to know how the Charge performs until it's out there in peoples' hands.

Reactions: JeffE

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Capacity is 1650MAH, I think. How that translates into usage time depends on a lot of things -- SoC, screen, radios, etc. -- and we won't have any way to know how the Charge performs until it's out there in peoples' hands.

BMX has said that the Charge's battery blows the Bolt's out of the water. If I can remember what he said correctly, it was something like 8 hours of heavy data use.

JeffE

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
So that's worth some extra $, right? I resisted the strong urge to grab the 'bolt when it first landed, but the battery kind of scared me off. Now with the Samsung, it looks like there's a more practical solution with nearly the same specs. Why wait anymore, right?

(I mean, it's not like the LG LTE phone is going to be any different, correct? And I'm definitely not going to wait 3 months or more for the Motorola phone. Am I making a mistake on the Samsung phone? Thanks.)

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So that's worth some extra $, right? I resisted the strong urge to grab the 'bolt when it first landed, but the battery kind of scared me off. Now with the Samsung, it looks like there's a more practical solution with nearly the same specs. Why wait anymore, right?

(I mean, it's not like the LG LTE phone is going to be any different, correct? And I'm definitely not going to wait 3 months or more for the Motorola phone. Am I making a mistake on the Samsung phone? Thanks.)

Look at it this way; if the Samsung's battery life IS that much better, it will end up costing the same as the Bolt since you'd have to get the $50 extended battery on the TB to match the Charge's battery life.

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

The lg revo was going to be my phone of choice in the next LTE phones to hit vzw. But i read that the phone wasn't doing to good on its battery life as well. I cant remember where i read this tho, it was a hands on review from some gadget site. But once reading this i decided that the samsung,(Having SAMOLED Plus is already the sell to me) being rumored to have a awesome battery life seems to sound better and better to me. So your not alone in wanting to pick this phone. One can only hope that the Charge's battery life is as good as they say it is.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The lg revo was going to be my phone of choice in the next LTE phones to hit vzw. But i read that the phone wasn't doing to good on its battery life as well. I cant remember where i read this tho, it was a hands on review from some gadget site. But once reading this i decided that the samsung,(Having SAMOLED Plus is already the sell to me) being rumored to have a awesome battery life seems to sound better and better to me. So your not alone in wanting to pick this phone. One can only hope that the Charge's battery life is as good as they say it is.

After reading the horror stories over at the G2x Forum I'm concerned about the Revolution's quality. :(

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
BMX has said that the Charge's battery blows the Bolt's out of the water. If I can remember what he said correctly, it was something like 8 hours of heavy data use.

He also said that he'd pick the Charge over the Bolt. I'm guessing for the same reason (battery life), and maybe some love for the screen too. He said too that Sense is very bloated and has much to do with the battery life or lack thereof. If that's true (and I have no reason not to believe him), then you'd expect the Charge to be better on battery life for that reason alone.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
After reading the horror stories over at the G2x Forum I'm concerned about the Revolution's quality. :(

Ugh, that's not a good sign. My wife and I are both in the market now and I was seriously going to consider looking at the Revolution, Charge, Thunderbolt, and DInc2 all at once to see which one my wife liked better. We may just forego the Revolution for this. It may just be down to the Charge and DInc2 really.

JeffE

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all of the information. (Sheesh, this is a good place to ask a question about a new phone!) I'm signing up for the Charge too. I was cool with waiting for a little while to get a decent 4G phone with decent battery life, and I might have even stuck it out until May if there was some kind of dual-core, network-melting superphone on the horizon, but I don't see one. The Charge looks great, so I'm going to bite the bullet on that one.:D

pdagal

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The Charge has a 1600mAh battery. I've only used it for a day but so far it has a bit more stamina than the Thunderbolt (I know, that's not saying much given the TB's short battery life but the Charge didn't run out of juice as quickly).

arjung

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
The Charge has a 1600mAh battery. I've only used it for a day but so far it has a bit more stamina than the Thunderbolt (I know, that's not saying much given the TB's short battery life but the Charge didn't run out of juice as quickly).

Eagerly waiting for the full review Lisa(i assume) !!
Please compare the screen v/s other screens in the market (iphone, tbolt etc) since thats a big draw for this phone.

Thanks!

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Pretty nice video review, a lil worried about the call quality, as i have a hard time understanding some of my friends(Drummer in bands, or well used to be). This really wont change my decision on buying this phone it just means ill be going back to asking my friend "what" again every 30 seconds or so :p

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Pretty nice video review, a lil worried about the call quality, as i have a hard time understanding some of my friends(Drummer in bands, or well used to be). This really wont change my decision on buying this phone it just means ill be going back to asking my friend "what" again every 30 seconds or so :p

I noticed when I had the TB the call quality was not as good as my BB Tour. It was not a showstopper for me. When I reactivated my BB I noticed the call quality was better, thats about the only thing good about my BB.:D IMHO

pdagal

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
LOL my senior editor is a ex- rock drummer and has complained most vocally about outgoing call quality on the Charge. I've been testing the heck out of it, hard reset it and so on, and call quality is still not terribly good :( TB def sounds better on both ends.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan