04-29-2011 04:15 PM
93 1234
tools
    Thanks newdad28, I don't think it matters if you aren't in a 4G area or not, the store would still be selling it if it was ready for sale today.
    04-28-2011 09:08 AM
    Just talked to my corporate store and he just got an email that the lte network is back up. He said that they may be able to start selling them later today depending on if they can activate the devices.
    chaddymoff likes this.
    04-28-2011 09:30 AM
    That makes a little more sense....
    04-28-2011 09:35 AM
    Just went down to my local corp. store and talked with a sales rep. and it's a no go here in Jacksonville, Fl. We do have full 4G coverage but he said that Tampa is the area still not up in the S.E. region, so Verizon is waiting for their coverage to come back online and then they will send out a memo on what to do next.
    This is very frustrating seeing as I've been waiting on the new Motorola phone to come out- but thats not happening anytime soon. I actually like the look of the Charge and the physical buttons at the bottom, if they're anything like the Droid X, that is. I traded my X to my wife for her O.G. Droid since her NE2 was up and this small, old, slow thing is killing me. I NEED A NEW PHONE NOW.
    Im thinking of just buying a Thunderbolt from Wirefly for $175. and get a dual core phone in December when my other three lines come up for renew. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
    04-28-2011 10:19 AM
    West coast stores open in 30 minutes, I will be calling at 9AM to check on what the deal is here.
    04-28-2011 10:26 AM
    Just another update: I'm in the Tampa,FL market.LTE back up and running here but the store I visited was still not given the green light to sell Charges yet. They have them in the backroom so when the word is given they'll be set out.They were thinking tomorrow but I'm sure if the network passes testing it could be ASAP.
    04-28-2011 10:41 AM
    I was able to hold the demo model, but it wasn't activated yet. Feels good in the hand. Have to go back when later when it's activated.
    04-28-2011 10:46 AM
    Hey guys, just a quick update on the situation: I just went to 2 Verizon stores here in the Washington D.C area and both were a "no go". In both stores the clerk had no idea when the Charge would begin to be sold
    04-28-2011 10:54 AM
    My stores just opened but it seems like its not going to be on sale yet. Im going to call in a few to see anyways. Really hope they decide to release this phone today.

EDIT: My store told me to call at the beginning of next week to see whats going on...i really hope it doesnt take all weekend to get this phone out
    04-28-2011 11:08 AM
    I just called a VZW store here in Orange County, CA, and they too said no sales today, and no date of when they will start.
    04-28-2011 11:55 AM
    Im thinking of just buying a Thunderbolt from Wirefly for $175. and get a dual core phone in December when my other three lines come up for renew. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Amazon has it for $129.99.
    04-28-2011 12:10 PM
    Just changed this to OFFICIAL and updated the OP. Also, there's a possible new reason for the delay.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/show...681#post860681
    04-28-2011 12:23 PM
    I just checked Amazon it say's the price is $199.99. Is there something special you have to do to get it at $129.99???
    04-28-2011 12:24 PM
    In the Pittsburgh area, two stores told me not today. They had no information on when the Charge would be released. I was hoping for any minute now, but they were talking about a time frame of days or weeks.

Both stores said they had gotten an email this morning about the delay and there was no information about the expected date yet. That may have been before they considered 4G back up, so maybe there's still hope for a release by the weekend.
    04-28-2011 12:30 PM
    Well, went out on a mission today to see what was going on with the Charge... went to 1 best buy, and 5 Verizon stores, got abunch of different responses. First off let me just say that dealing with Verizon reps are probably comparable to used car salesman. That being said, the first place told me it was because of all the tornado's in the midwest... and as soon as they can activate them, they would go on sale. Maybe as soon as tomorrow. FYI this was an official retailer

Next Verizon place was one of those "premium wireless" stores that only sold Verizon stuff.. not sure what the real difference is, aside that there's no "check in" station and whoever works there looks like they just came in off the street. Regardless, the guy just told me he has no idea why it was delayed but thought they might be available over the weekend or Monday, but wasn't too confident.

Next Verizon place was another wireless retailer whatever, like the one above. This is awesome... the display was out so I thought I might've been in luck, and it turns out I seriously could've been had I got there earlier. The girl said she just heard about an hour ago (time was around 11am EST at the time) to pull all the Droid Charge stuff. Since the place opened at 9am, there was probably an hour's worth of time that had I gone there first, might've sold me one. %^#$%#$! Anyway, I told her another place mentioned the 4G problems and she said it was BS cause her thunderbolt was fine.

Went to the next official Verizon retailer store and the guy just said they had to hold off on the charge, then did his best to sell me either a DInc2 or a TB. Quick thought, if the LTE is what's holding back the Charge, how is the TB not a problem to sell?

Last place was a hole in the wall "zoom verizon retailer" or whatever the hell that means, and they dude told me he "just got off the phone with his DM" and the Charge is being delayed 2-3 months (having issues with 4G). Then proceeded to tell me about the DInc2.

That's enough fun for one day. BTW the Best Buy told me they were suppose to launch today, but they were delayed (4G issues), and didn't even have any in stock.

The only thing that I can say for certain is that none of these people know what they're talking about.
    04-28-2011 12:33 PM
    Got a BUNCH of tips tonight that it might not be on sale Thursday because of the LTE outage. If you hear/see different, sing out!

Update: Just heard back from Verizon corporate. It's as we thought.

Also -- and I'm not kidding here -- I've got someone telling me part of the decision had nothing to do with LTE. T-Shirts didn't make it to all stores in time. Gawd, I hope that's true.
    If I choose to believe the shirt thing I may lose it. So I will stick to outage. Yup outage!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    04-28-2011 12:34 PM
    Wow, great information ragdoll8, we all appreciate the footwork!!

A 2-3 month delay is certainly not good news for anyone, let's hope his DM is wrong.
    04-28-2011 12:39 PM
    So I got a call from Wirefly and even though I already have a tracking number saying the phone shipped last night and is half-way to me already, I should disregard that and the phone is delayed...
    04-28-2011 12:40 PM
    No problem.. I had switched my work schedule around previously, solely to go out this morning and finally pick this bad boy up... so I had some free time lol.

I don't buy the 2-3 month thing for a second, I think he just wanted to make a sale. Most people who are told the phone they're looking for is that far off, they probably won't wait for it and settle for something else.
    04-28-2011 12:42 PM
    Also -- and I'm not kidding here -- I've got someone telling me part of the decision had nothing to do with LTE. T-Shirts didn't make it to all stores in time. Gawd, I hope that's true.
    How's that for a creative misdirect!? If an representative was ever directed to communicate that officially, they'd become a laughing stock. Maybe next time they delay a phone, they can explain that "our dog ate the manuals."

Okay, I apologize to the Verizon folks. I know getting a phone out is hard, and there are a lot of dependencies that they probably can't control. But those of us that passed on the Thunderbolt release, and now face delays with the Charge release, are getting a bit anxious to actually buy a 4g phone!

The good news for those who jumped on the Thunderbolt is that they are probably even happier about their decision to dive in early.
    04-28-2011 12:45 PM
    How's that for a creative misdirect!? If an representative was ever directed to communicate that officially, they'd become a laughing stock. Maybe next time they delay a phone, they can explain that "our dog ate the manuals."

Okay, I apologize to the Verizon folks. I know getting a phone out is hard, and there are a lot of dependencies that they probably can't control. But those of us that passed on the Thunderbolt release, and now the Charge release, are getting a bit anxious to actually buy a 4g phone!

The good news for those who jumped on the Thunderbolt is that they are probably even happier about their decision to dive in early.
    If the Charge is only delayed one day its better than the TB delay. I want rid of this thing I hope it comes tomorrow

04-28-2011 12:49 PM
    How is it that T-mobile, AT&T and Sprint can get their awesome phones out in a timely manner and Verizon manage to screw up every phone release this year other than the iPhone? Hmmmm wait I may have hit on something...
    04-28-2011 12:51 PM
    I'm not too sure AT&T wants to brag about the Atrix release.
    04-28-2011 01:11 PM
    If the Charge is only delayed one day its better than the TB delay. I want rid of this thing I hope it comes tomorrow

I am thinking of dropping the TB for the charge as well, dont get me wrong it is a great phone but I just dont love it
    04-28-2011 01:16 PM
    How is it that T-mobile, AT&T and Sprint can get their awesome phones out in a timely manner and Verizon manage to screw up every phone release this year other than the iPhone? Hmmmm wait I may have hit on something...
    Trust me, there was a lot more angst flowing over at the Sprint Nexus S 4G "Release Date" thread due to the multiple delays ... just check out the relative post/view count of that thread (523 posts, 44,000+ views) versus any of the threads about the Charge.

I've been following the launch for the Nexus S like crazy--reading online, asking different people etc. I pre-ordered mine 3 weeks ago at BB. Of course there's been lots of rumors about the release....I was in the Sprint store this weekend about ready to throw my HTC HERO across the room and asked the guy why they're being so secretive about the launch. He said that it's becuase they're may be a HUGE announcement from another carrier with a new phone--i.e. i-phone and that they are waiting to see when they announce that so they can swoop in and announce the Nexus S. I kind of though this didn't make ANY sense since Apple typically comes out with a new Iphone every July, NOT now....but then again it is Apple and they like to be super secretive? It didn't make a whole lot of sense when he said it but I thought I'd pass it along--It seems to be the only reason they're being so secretive and/or delaying the launch. "Spring" could really be up until June something. Let's hope it's not that long!
    04-28-2011 01:18 PM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD