[Official] Droid Charge delayed?

brianct1972

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Call me crazy, but I was planning on returning my TB today for the Charge. I still have 7 days left on the VZW 14 day return policy, this delay throws a wrench in that.

Reactions: chaddymoff

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm not in a 4G area (not really even close). I wonder if my local Verizon store will still hold off on selling it though. My thinking is that since there's no 4G in my area anyway, there's really no difference whether there's an outage or not. So, why not sell it anyway? I may swing by there later on today and check it out.

brianct1972

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks newdad28, I don't think it matters if you aren't in a 4G area or not, the store would still be selling it if it was ready for sale today.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Just talked to my corporate store and he just got an email that the lte network is back up. He said that they may be able to start selling them later today depending on if they can activate the devices.

Reactions: chaddymoff

jax_droid

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Just went down to my local corp. store and talked with a sales rep. and it's a no go here in Jacksonville, Fl. We do have full 4G coverage but he said that Tampa is the area still not up in the S.E. region, so Verizon is waiting for their coverage to come back online and then they will send out a memo on what to do next.
This is very frustrating seeing as I've been waiting on the new Motorola phone to come out- but thats not happening anytime soon. I actually like the look of the Charge and the physical buttons at the bottom, if they're anything like the Droid X, that is. I traded my X to my wife for her O.G. Droid since her NE2 was up and this small, old, slow thing is killing me. I NEED A NEW PHONE NOW.
Im thinking of just buying a Thunderbolt from Wirefly for $175. and get a dual core phone in December when my other three lines come up for renew. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Just another update: I'm in the Tampa,FL market.LTE back up and running here but the store I visited was still not given the green light to sell Charges yet. They have them in the backroom so when the word is given they'll be set out.They were thinking tomorrow but I'm sure if the network passes testing it could be ASAP.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I was able to hold the demo model, but it wasn't activated yet. Feels good in the hand. Have to go back when later when it's activated.

SuperMarioVT

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, just a quick update on the situation: I just went to 2 Verizon stores here in the Washington D.C area and both were a "no go". In both stores the clerk had no idea when the Charge would begin to be sold :(

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My stores just opened but it seems like its not going to be on sale yet. Im going to call in a few to see anyways. Really hope they decide to release this phone today.

EDIT: My store told me to call at the beginning of next week to see whats going on...i really hope it doesnt take all weekend to get this phone out

Last edited:

BobR

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
In the Pittsburgh area, two stores told me not today. They had no information on when the Charge would be released. I was hoping for any minute now, but they were talking about a time frame of days or weeks.

Both stores said they had gotten an email this morning about the delay and there was no information about the expected date yet. That may have been before they considered 4G back up, so maybe there's still hope for a release by the weekend.

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, went out on a mission today to see what was going on with the Charge... went to 1 best buy, and 5 Verizon stores, got abunch of different responses. First off let me just say that dealing with Verizon reps are probably comparable to used car salesman. That being said, the first place told me it was because of all the tornado's in the midwest... and as soon as they can activate them, they would go on sale. Maybe as soon as tomorrow. FYI this was an official retailer

Next Verizon place was one of those "premium wireless" stores that only sold Verizon stuff.. not sure what the real difference is, aside that there's no "check in" station and whoever works there looks like they just came in off the street. Regardless, the guy just told me he has no idea why it was delayed but thought they might be available over the weekend or Monday, but wasn't too confident.

Next Verizon place was another wireless retailer whatever, like the one above. This is awesome... the display was out so I thought I might've been in luck, and it turns out I seriously could've been had I got there earlier. The girl said she just heard about an hour ago (time was around 11am EST at the time) to pull all the Droid Charge stuff. Since the place opened at 9am, there was probably an hour's worth of time that had I gone there first, might've sold me one. %^#$%#$! Anyway, I told her another place mentioned the 4G problems and she said it was BS cause her thunderbolt was fine.

Went to the next official Verizon retailer store and the guy just said they had to hold off on the charge, then did his best to sell me either a DInc2 or a TB. Quick thought, if the LTE is what's holding back the Charge, how is the TB not a problem to sell?

Last place was a hole in the wall "zoom verizon retailer" or whatever the hell that means, and they dude told me he "just got off the phone with his DM" and the Charge is being delayed 2-3 months (having issues with 4G). Then proceeded to tell me about the DInc2.

That's enough fun for one day. BTW the Best Buy told me they were suppose to launch today, but they were delayed (4G issues), and didn't even have any in stock.

The only thing that I can say for certain is that none of these people know what they're talking about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674