04-29-2011 04:15 PM
93 1234
tools
    You and me both!

I am thinking of dropping the TB for the charge as well, dont get me wrong it is a great phone but I just dont love it
    04-28-2011 01:19 PM
    Having actually owned a Fasciante (which is basically a 3G Charge) I am glad to have the Thunderbolt. I think that Samsung makes some slick hardware, but their software support has left me never wanting another Samsung. I know people will comment that you can root and hack your phone. But really why would I want a 4g fascinate when I can have the TB which for me has been great. HTC is number one at supporting their devices. Dont get me wrong. I enjoyed my fascinate for what it was. But I was left with a bad taste in my mouth from being a Samsung owner.
    04-28-2011 01:26 PM
    Having actually owned a Fasciante (which is basically a 3G Charge) I am glad to have the Thunderbolt. I think that Samsung makes some slick hardware, but their software support has left me never wanting another Samsung. I know people will comment that you can root and hack your phone. But really why would I want a 4g fascinate when I can have the TB which for me has been great. HTC is number one at supporting their devices. Dont get me wrong. I enjoyed my fascinate for what it was. But I was left with a bad taste in my mouth from being a Samsung owner.
    How exactly is it a 4g fascinate. Can you send me the internal parts numbers that you are looking at so I can see

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    04-28-2011 01:30 PM
    Thanks for the insight. Is the software support the biggest issue then when comparing the Fascinate (or Charge) to the Thunderbolt? I'm looking at it mostly for my wife whose not tech savvy, and would probably care less about updates (barring major bugs).
    04-28-2011 01:34 PM
    Didn't the Fascinate just recently got an OTA update for Froyo? I'm thinking about going with the TB as well considering how long it took Samsung to get Froyo into the Fascinate (or it could Verizon's doing). Still loving my Moto Droid with CM6 =)
    04-28-2011 01:51 PM
    Thanks for the insight. Is the software support the biggest issue then when comparing the Fascinate (or Charge) to the Thunderbolt? I'm looking at it mostly for my wife whose not tech savvy, and would probably care less about updates (barring major bugs).
    For sure. The software (touchwiz vs sense and file system) on my fasciante is really sub par compared to my TB. My Fascinate just recieved 2.2 and it has brought on a host of bugs and issues for me. Every fix on my fasciante has brought more issues. I mean just getting 2.2 is really sad since Gingerbread has been out since christmas on the Nexus S and 2.2 has been out since summer. I just cant bring myself to owning another samsung in light of my experiance. And I would put money down that the TB gets gingerbread waaaaay before the Charge does. HTC has a proven track record for updating their phones.
    DolfanCole likes this.
    04-28-2011 01:58 PM
    How exactly is it a 4g fascinate. Can you send me the internal parts numbers that you are looking at so I can see

It is my understanding that the CPU is the same, which is probably a big reason why the comparison was made (although I can't speak for the OP). The display on the Charge is better though, both in size and technology.
    04-28-2011 02:03 PM
    It is my understanding that the CPU is the same, which is probably a big reason why the comparison was made (although I can't speak for the OP). The display on the Charge is better though, both in size and technology.
    Yeah I was talking about the CPU. Screen is much better. Also to note the TB can do voice and data at the same time due to the radios. The Charge cannot.
    04-28-2011 02:06 PM
    If I choose to believe the shirt thing I may lose it. So I will stick to outage. Yup outage!!

Here is a link from Bussines Insider about VZW and the Charge

Samsung DROID Charge May Be Delayed Because Of Verizon 4G Network Failure
    04-28-2011 03:10 PM
    Yeah I was talking about the CPU. Screen is much better. Also to note the TB can do voice and data at the same time due to the radios. The Charge cannot.
    That is not entirely True.

The Tbolt can do data and voice on both 4g and 3g. The Charge can only do data and voice on 4g.

Hope this helps.
    BobR likes this.
    04-28-2011 03:46 PM
    Thanks for clarifying.
    04-28-2011 03:47 PM
    Hate to say it guys but i just checked out the samsung siteand it said that the Droid Charge wont ship until 5/3/2011. what a shame another week of waiting........ this is really getting old!!
    04-28-2011 05:55 PM
    Hate to say it guys but i just checked out the samsung siteand it said that the Droid Charge wont ship until 5/3/2011. what a shame another week of waiting........ this is really getting old!!
    That makes no sense to me seeing as how it was supposed to release today. :/ I would have thought that most stores would already have some in stock. Unless they knew about this all along and the "outage" was more of a planned downtime thing.

CONSPIRACY THEORY, I choose you!
    04-28-2011 06:31 PM
    I went in to two different VZW stores this afternoon, and they had already pulled the display models from the shelves.
    04-28-2011 07:42 PM
    04-28-2011 07:59 PM
    Where did it say that it would launch tomorrow in the article?

I only saw this: "The Samsung Droid Charge, which was supposed to go on sale Thursday, was unavailable at stores or online. Verizon Wireless confirmed that the Droid Charge's availability had been delayed, but it didn't give a specific date for when it would go on sale."

24 hours 4G LTE outage, not a 24 hour delay on it's launch.
    04-28-2011 08:02 PM
    With this delay, anyone considering buying a TBolt instead? I've been needing to get on the Verizon network for about a week after getting my *** throttled by TMO. Well not my ***, but you know what I mean.

I can't bear the thought of waiting another week, and the more I read up on the TBolt, the more I like. When I'm in 3g markets (which will be a lot of the time), I like the idea of being able to get voice/data simultaneously.
    04-28-2011 08:25 PM
    I'd gladly keep my TB if I knew I'd get more then 6 hours out of it. I like the weight of the Charge and even a slightly bigger battery is a plus.

For some reason I alwayss feel like I am going to drop the TB, the width and length make it an odd hold with one hand.
    04-28-2011 08:37 PM
    Don't know how that's possible since several Verizon stores told me they are already in the house, just waiting on the word to release.
    04-28-2011 09:40 PM
    With this delay, anyone considering buying a TBolt instead? I've been needing to get on the Verizon network for about a week after getting my *** throttled by TMO. Well not my ***, but you know what I mean.

I can't bear the thought of waiting another week, and the more I read up on the TBolt, the more I like. When I'm in 3g markets (which will be a lot of the time), I like the idea of being able to get voice/data simultaneously.
    I ended up getting a Bolt tonight at Best Buy. I played with a Charge and came away pretty impressed. (besides the ****-tastic TW coloring)

But, I also made the mistake of playing with a G2x. As much as I love LTE, T-mo's 4G network is also very fast in my area. Granted, it would cost me more since I'd be buying outright, but not too much more. That, and the dual core of the G2X is beastly.
    04-28-2011 10:12 PM
    That doesn't mean anything. Verizon AND best buy both have units ready to go, they're just waiting for the ok. (The bbm guy I spoke with tonight showed me the ones they had in stock)

It's all related to the LTE network going down. There is no issue with the handset.
    04-28-2011 10:14 PM
    But 4G is up and running. That doesn't quite add up.. if thats true then they should be selling by now. I've heard a week before release also.
    04-28-2011 10:21 PM
    But 4G is up and running. That doesn't quite add up.. if thats true then they should be selling by now. I've heard a week before release also.
    Have you been following what's been happening? Yeah 4G is 'up' but at a fraction of the speed. The network is 'up' but not all the way. (insert dirty joke here) Verizon is playing it safe, and isn't about to release a new device on a network that just had its first major outage.

It is ENTIRELY network related.
    04-28-2011 10:26 PM
    I'm going off of what a fellow store manager of a corporate Verizon and I discussed earlier today... although I'm sure that Verizon is making sure that everything is solid before releasing it. I'm sure theres testing and such going on at this point.
    04-28-2011 10:43 PM
    Could it drop any day or is Thursday the normal phone launch day?
    04-28-2011 10:45 PM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD