[Official] Droid Charge delayed?

thethruth34

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
samsung site

Hate to say it guys but i just checked out the samsung siteand it said that the Droid Charge wont ship until 5/3/2011. what a shame another week of waiting........ this is really getting old!!

jayheartxo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Hate to say it guys but i just checked out the samsung siteand it said that the Droid Charge wont ship until 5/3/2011. what a shame another week of waiting........ this is really getting old!!

That makes no sense to me seeing as how it was supposed to release today. :/ I would have thought that most stores would already have some in stock. Unless they knew about this all along and the "outage" was more of a planned downtime thing.

CONSPIRACY THEORY, I choose you!

brianct1972

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Where did it say that it would launch tomorrow in the article?

I only saw this: "The Samsung Droid Charge, which was supposed to go on sale Thursday, was unavailable at stores or online. Verizon Wireless confirmed that the Droid Charge's availability had been delayed, but it didn't give a specific date for when it would go on sale."

24 hours 4G LTE outage, not a 24 hour delay on it's launch.

newdad28

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
With this delay, anyone considering buying a TBolt instead? I've been needing to get on the Verizon network for about a week after getting my ass throttled by TMO. Well not my ass, but you know what I mean.

I can't bear the thought of waiting another week, and the more I read up on the TBolt, the more I like. When I'm in 3g markets (which will be a lot of the time), I like the idea of being able to get voice/data simultaneously.

brianct1972

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I'd gladly keep my TB if I knew I'd get more then 6 hours out of it. I like the weight of the Charge and even a slightly bigger battery is a plus.

For some reason I alwayss feel like I am going to drop the TB, the width and length make it an odd hold with one hand.

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Don't know how that's possible since several Verizon stores told me they are already in the house, just waiting on the word to release.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
With this delay, anyone considering buying a TBolt instead? I've been needing to get on the Verizon network for about a week after getting my ass throttled by TMO. Well not my ass, but you know what I mean.

I can't bear the thought of waiting another week, and the more I read up on the TBolt, the more I like. When I'm in 3g markets (which will be a lot of the time), I like the idea of being able to get voice/data simultaneously.

I ended up getting a Bolt tonight at Best Buy. I played with a Charge and came away pretty impressed. (besides the ****-tastic TW coloring)

But, I also made the mistake of playing with a G2x. As much as I love LTE, T-mo's 4G network is also very fast in my area. Granted, it would cost me more since I'd be buying outright, but not too much more. That, and the dual core of the G2X is beastly.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

That doesn't mean anything. Verizon AND best buy both have units ready to go, they're just waiting for the ok. (The bbm guy I spoke with tonight showed me the ones they had in stock)

It's all related to the LTE network going down. There is no issue with the handset.

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
But 4G is up and running. That doesn't quite add up.. if thats true then they should be selling by now. I've heard a week before release also.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
But 4G is up and running. That doesn't quite add up.. if thats true then they should be selling by now. I've heard a week before release also.

Have you been following what's been happening? Yeah 4G is 'up' but at a fraction of the speed. The network is 'up' but not all the way. (insert dirty joke here) Verizon is playing it safe, and isn't about to release a new device on a network that just had its first major outage.

It is ENTIRELY network related.

superstar1213

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm going off of what a fellow store manager of a corporate Verizon and I discussed earlier today... although I'm sure that Verizon is making sure that everything is solid before releasing it. I'm sure theres testing and such going on at this point.

Balthazar B

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Don't know how that's possible since several Verizon stores told me they are already in the house, just waiting on the word to release.

My local VzW store is stuffed to the gills with Charge boxes that they can't make available until they get the go-ahead from Isengard.

Last edited:

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm going off of what a fellow store manager of a corporate Verizon and I discussed earlier today... although I'm sure that Verizon is making sure that everything is solid before releasing it. I'm sure theres testing and such going on at this point.

Well, 4G still doesn't seem to be reliably up. I have a Bolt, and it hasn't been keeping a totally steady signal. And, based on the speeds we're getting, Verizon is either throttling speeds to make sure things go smoothly, or the network isn't really truly back up. I just ran a speedtest and got 4.6 up and 2.7 down. Pretty good, but nowhere near where the network has been.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
While I could be wrong I don't think it had to do with the T-Shirts...I seen one the night before "launch" lol.

They do have them in stock..just not given green light yet, as many others have stated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty