I was at my local BB (North Olmstead OH for those who wanna try), and the dude was trying to sell me the Charge.
    Personally I'm waiting for something better, so I decided against it.
    He was surprised when I told him the rumored day was 5/3. Told me they have them in stock and that he was able to sell them.
    Again, I didn't want it so I don't know if it would actually go through.
    05-01-2011 03:33 PM
    I just called my local BB , the guy didnt even know what it was , then he checked and said he had them but he couldnt sell them because its an order by verizon.
    05-01-2011 03:43 PM
    I thought that might be the case.
    Even if Best Buy's systems can sell it, I wonder if Verizon's would let it go through.
    Not sure if on/off contract would make a difference that way.
    And of course, whether or not BB rep follows the rules.
    05-01-2011 03:46 PM
    I thought that might be the case.
    Even if Best Buy's systems can sell it, I wonder if Verizon's would let it go through.
    Not sure if on/off contract would make a difference that way.
    And of course, whether or not BB rep follows the rules.
    yeah i was asking for off contract. Ill just have to wait
    05-01-2011 03:56 PM
    Yes it will go through. I got one Friday from BB and it activated without a hicup.

Sent from my Samsung Charge
    05-01-2011 05:01 PM
    Yeah, but a few people who tried over the weekend were unable to get it to activate. Best Buy suspended the SKU from their ETK system, but the fact is it takes awhile for changes to the system to take effect everywhere, so its quite possible some stores can still sell it. HOWEVER, it appears that VZW has locked out new activations for the time being, which is quite do-able considering the Charge has a different LTE radio than the T-Bolt. So I doubt there's much point in trying until the release date.
    05-01-2011 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD