Samsung Charge Activation Bypass?

Kaleb Randleaxe

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is will work for the Charge, but on the majority of Android phones I've owned and/or used, this has worked:

Start phone up
Get to screen where it says "Touch the Android to begin"
Tap the corners in clockwise order, like this:
droid-activation2-212x300.jpg

Another method, in case that doesn't work:
Press the emergency call button.
Then dial *#83786633
Press the home key.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is will work for the Charge, but on the majority of Android phones I've owned and/or used, this has worked:

Start phone up
Get to screen where it says "Touch the Android to begin"
Tap the corners in clockwise order, like this:
droid-activation2-212x300.jpg

+1 this has worked on any android device i have ever owned.

kmichaeld

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The charge does not have the common activation screen. It tries to activate on its own and then is unsuccessful it will bring up a emergency call option or restart phone option... :(

Kaleb Randleaxe

May 2, 2011
Visit site
The charge does not have the common activation screen. It tries to activate on its own and then is unsuccessful it will bring up a emergency call option or restart phone option... :(
I edited my post to include another method. I'll repost it here though:

Press the emergency call button.
Then dial *#83786633
Press the home key.

Kaleb Randleaxe

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Well ****.

Try this:
1. Select emergency call and dial ##778.
2. Select edit and enter service password 000000.
3. Select NAM Settings.
4. Change Mobile Directory number to 0000000000 (Ten digits).
5. Change MIN1 to 0000000 (Seven digits).
6. Change Mobile Country Code to 000 (Three digits).
7. As you back out "Commit the Change".

poloboogie

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The guy that activated mine st target just kept restarting it and it kicked in. Dont know if he did anything special or not

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Kaleb Randleaxe

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I honestly do not know then. It may be complications from the whole 4G outage, or there may be a new way to do it since it's new Samsung 4G phone. Apologies, and hope you can figure this out soon!

kmichaeld

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah not trying to activate it just bypass it....I think you are right there is a new method for the Samsung 4g phones...Thank You for trying though....
It's our display model here at Costco ....I just wanted to check it out but I guess I will have to wait for verizon to launch it so I can activate it. By the way we are priced at 249.99 no mail in rebate and a bonus accessory bundle...common verizon let us sell the phone!!! :)

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah not trying to activate it just bypass it....I think you are right there is a new method for the Samsung 4g phones...Thank You for trying though....
It's our display model here at Costco ....I just wanted to check it out but I guess I will have to wait for verizon to launch it so I can activate it. By the way we are priced at 249.99 no mail in rebate and a bonus accessory bundle...common verizon let us sell the phone!!! :)

whoa! $249.99??? why would I go to a Verizon store to spend $50 extra bucks??? whoa. i'm definitely going to Costco to get it. what's included in the bonus accessory bundle? and just to confirm, costco does Upgrades yes??

kmichaeld

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes they do Upgrades.(If you are a new customer we pay your activatin fees)..the bundle has a car charger, wired headset, and a case...:D

kmichaeld

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The Star Pound 83786633 then the home button. Wont work on ours? I press emergency call and press *#83786633 and then the home button and nothing....or i try to call it and it says this is not an emergency # ?????

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes they do Upgrades.(If you are a new customer we pay your activatin fees)..the bundle has a car charger, wired headset, and a case...:D

omg. i don't know why anyone would even think about going to the verizon store to get the droid charge.

i can't wait to hit up my local costco when this damn phone releases.

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
omg. i don't know why anyone would even think about going to the verizon store to get the droid charge.

i can't wait to hit up my local costco when this damn phone releases.

The advantages I can see are that VZW tends to be more helpful with warranty exchanges (if needed) if you buy in a corporate store, and for people like myself who still have a NE2 upgrade, I'm pretty sure you can only use that in a corporate store.

I'm still hoping it starts selling for $200 somewhere soon, especially in light of all these delays.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar