05-14-2011 08:37 PM
110 ... 345
tools
    Have you guys rooted your Charge? Are they still having GPS issues? I know that my OG droid has much better GPS than my old Samsung Omnia and was hoping that they had this fixed by now.
    Nope. No GPS problem at all. I know what you mean cause I had the Fascinate. But I used this from NY to OH and then all weekend to get around in OH and then from OH back to NY and it was very reliable and very accurate. I insist on good GPS and I return ed my Fascinate because of it. You shouldn't have any problems with GPS on the charge.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    05-14-2011 02:34 PM
    Got mine at 9am this morning at Best buy, then went directly to verizon for accessories. Get the home cradle, it has a spare battery charger. It also comes with a spare battery and a wall plug. only complaint so far is phone is a little laggy at times.
    My multimedia dock didn't come with a spare battery, yours did?

The box says spare battery not included.
    05-14-2011 02:35 PM
    Gps has worked flawlessly for me outdoors.
    Yeah, good point moindrius. In doors it is a little week. But perfect outside.

05-14-2011 02:36 PM
    So I picked up the Droid Charge this morning and here is a quick review. Before I get into the review, people who want to buy it at retail price wait until Monday. When I went to the store to pick up my Droid Charge, the another sales rep was telling a potential buyer to wait until Monday because they are going to lower the retail price. Now on to my review.

I have only one concern so far with the phone:

1. Sometimes the phone is runs a bit slow. When I have a couple of apps open, things start to lag. I'm noticing the 512mb of ram might not be enough.

I have a question for other Droid Charge owners, I only have two keyboards installed: The samsung keyboard and Swipe. I know I saw and read some reviews that state the phone comes with the froyo stock keyboard. Does your phone have it or do we need to download it?

The call quality is great. I'm in a 4g area (New York) and I haven't noticed any drop signal. Coming from a blackberry I do miss the led notification light.
    Pictures are fantastic some of the best I have seen on a smartphone. Download speeds are really good on the 4g network. Will let you guys know about the battery life after a day.
    Install luancher pro and the whole phone seems faster. Also, I recommend Smart Keyboard Pro which has a lot of great settings. I particularly like how you can make swiping left or right on the keyboard move the cursor left or right. Really handy for making quick edits. SwiftKey is also a good keyboard.

05-14-2011 02:38 PM
    My multimedia dock didn't come with a spare battery, yours did?

The box says spare battery not included.
    TAKE IT BACK! You should get a spare with the dock. Read my first post. I have pictures. You'll be able to see the battery you should get with it.

05-14-2011 02:40 PM
    They sell a dock with a battery for 50 and one without for 40. The battery is worth the extra 10.
    05-14-2011 02:52 PM
    They sell a dock with a battery for 50 and one without for 40. The battery is worth the extra 10.
    Thanks, I will head back to VZW today, I only saw one multimedia dock in the box of goodies he brought out. I'll ask if they have one with the battery included.
    05-14-2011 03:02 PM
    Yeah get the one with the battery! It sells separately for $40. I almost got the extended battery but gonna try two regulars first
    05-14-2011 05:55 PM
    Oh, I didn't realize there was another choice. I second that though. $10 more for the one with the spare battery is a no brainier for me. Especially since I get 30% off all accessories.

05-14-2011 08:19 PM
    FYI you may have to do a little "negotiating" with them to get the % off after the initial purchase... some stores are bad about not letting you do ANYTHING after the initial purchase.... (way to get you to buy more accessories before leaving the store)

should have a exception since your upgrading your original accessory
    05-14-2011 08:37 PM
110 ... 345