07-22-2011 06:50 AM
76 1234
tools
    My TB battery didn't last a day regardless of use. It was pure crud.
    I couldn't agree more.
    05-13-2011 07:19 PM
    My TB battery didn't last a day regardless of use. It was pure crud.
    Maybe you just got a bad phone. I'm going on 4 hours on LTE with even more calls and browsing and I'm at 75 percent.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    akira751 likes this.
    05-13-2011 08:10 PM
    Maybe you just got a bad phone. I'm going on 4 hours on LTE with even more calls and browsing and I'm at 75 percent.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    Lucky you, I can't wait to get rid of this brick. I was in a 3G area the last 3 days and by 4PM each day it was dead.
    05-13-2011 08:25 PM

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    maybe you just got a good phone cause the rest of us didnt
    05-13-2011 08:28 PM
    My bolt is awesome. My best to date is 36 hours on one charge.
    05-13-2011 08:42 PM
    My bolt is awesome. My best to date is 36 hours on one charge.
    Well, you go call Guinness while I call b.s.
    05-13-2011 08:58 PM
    I'll post a screen next time I get that high
    05-13-2011 09:01 PM
    I can make mine last 3 days also if I turn all the radios off and don't turn the screen on...
    05-13-2011 09:29 PM
    I can make mine last 3 days also if I turn all the radios off and don't turn the screen on...
    I made mine last a week, after a week i pressed the power button for a couple seconds and i was still in the 80% mark
    05-13-2011 09:34 PM
    I'll post a screen next time I get that high
    Looking forward to seeing it!
    05-13-2011 09:44 PM
    Make sure to take a pic of the phone slightly angled, so we can clearly see the extended battery poking out the rear end of this phone!
    05-13-2011 10:00 PM
    My Thunderbolt would sometimes last 6 hours and sometimes it would last over a day. I really liked the phone other then that and the poor quality control.
    05-13-2011 10:15 PM
    Make sure to take a pic of the phone slightly angled, so we can clearly see the extended battery poking out the rear end of this phone!
    lol will do
    05-13-2011 10:38 PM
    I am in a 3G market (until later summer) and with moderate use, email, a little web surfing, it just sucked. I had to go extended battery to get a day out of it and got tired of the bulk and weight. I know the Charge is super light and for some the plastic materials make it cheap, well I still say it makes it light. Every phone I have purchased has been resold in mint condition so I see no reason why the Charge won't look that way in the end even if it is plastic and super light.
    05-13-2011 10:43 PM
    What is your point? My Thunderbolt has been unplugged for 2 hours with full screen brightness and I've been on here and done 2 speed tests and made a call and I'm down to 89 percent.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

They are using Advanced Task Killer on the phone. Task killers tend to stop apps that the phone keeps relaunching, which then causes a power struggle between the phone and the task killer. Ultimately it hurts battery life more than anything else
    05-13-2011 10:47 PM
    My Thunderbolt would sometimes last 6 hours and sometimes it would last over a day. I really liked the phone other then that and the poor quality control.
    Agree that the thunderbolt battery is a mixed bag. I can tell when the battery is draining fast because of the heat it produces. Obviously, if you are pulling heavy 4g data it will drain fast. But idling I usually don't have much of a problem, but there have been exceptions. Every once in a while the phone will start draining heavy while just idling. If I notice this, I just do a restart and it fixes it. That all being said, the battery life on 4g on the thunderbolt just isn't great. With the extended battery I have no problem though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    05-13-2011 10:51 PM
    They are using Advanced Task Killer on the phone. Task killers tend to stop apps that the phone keeps relaunching, which then causes a power struggle between the phone and the task killer. Ultimately it hurts battery life more than anything else
    Well if they were using a task killer on the Charge, I would guess they would have the same thing on the Thunderbolt. I personally don't use them. I'm at over 7.5 hours so far and still at 47 percent and the screen has been on full brightness and on for about the last 2 hours. The screen has been on 3 hours total, plus about 15 minutes of phone calls. That gives an awake time of close to 6 hours if I let it drain all the way and do the exact same stuff I've been doing and again, the screen is on full brightness.
    05-13-2011 11:55 PM
    In my first day of mild business use, and the screen at 60%, I just plugged in my charge after 14 hours and I was at 65-70% battery remaining. I would say that on first impression that is quite good.
    05-14-2011 12:00 AM
    Well if they were using a task killer on the Charge, I would guess they would have the same thing on the Thunderbolt. I personally don't use them. I'm at over 7.5 hours so far and still at 47 percent and the screen has been on full brightness and on for about the last 2 hours. The screen has been on 3 hours total, plus about 15 minutes of phone calls. That gives an awake time of close to 6 hours if I let it drain all the way and do the exact same stuff I've been doing and again, the screen is on full brightness.
    with the stock battery?
    >if so that's awesome
    05-14-2011 12:50 AM
    with the stock battery?
    >if so that's awesome
    Yeah with stock.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
    05-14-2011 01:03 AM
    I dont know if they are using a task killer on the TB or not since I didnt see a pic. Im not declaring the Charge superior to the Thunderbolt in terms of battery life either. Im saying that the test is flawed on their end and therefore worthless to me.

Its awesome that you are getting the amount of battery life you are getting, I would take the word of forum members who have found ways to maximize battery life, than a reviewer that couldnt even tell dyslexicbunny the capacity of the batteries that were used in testing.
    05-14-2011 08:51 AM

So far today

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    05-16-2011 01:40 PM
    Wow that's amazing life! How long is the screen on time though? Definitely kills my Incredible.......which is being replaced by a Charge tomorrow!
    Sent from my Inkredikerneled Incredible from Tapatalk!
    05-16-2011 02:59 PM
    This review does a test between battery life comparing the Thunderbolt and Charge

Droid Charge Review | Ubergizmo

I am not sure how others use their phones, but I will be coming over from a Blackberry so I have my phone checking for new mail constantly. This has me concerned because I was waiting for the Charge.

So far my battery life has been pretty good, much, much better than the HTC Incredible with the stock battery..
    05-16-2011 03:25 PM
    I am getting a whole day out of mine so far, so I am happy
    05-16-2011 05:11 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD