Review Charge battery life shorter than Thunderbolt

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So I'm going to go ahead and assume that ubergizmo isn't all that solid. I asked what the capacities of the two phones batteries were and was told they both started at 100% by the reviewer (well that's a useful answer :confused:). I asked a followup but I haven't seen a response so I'm going to assume it was the default Charge vs the extended Thunderbolt. Or they tweaked some settings but did so unfairly. But in my opinion, a competent reviewer would have known what I was asking and answered it straight up.

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I've hand two TB and a Charge. The Charge had close to 3 times the battery life over the TB. Its not even a contest in my opinion.

Sent from my DROIDX

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
This pic right here renders his battery life argument completely void in my opinion.

droid-charge-review__18.jpg

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
This pic right here renders his battery life argument completely void in my opinion.

droid-charge-review__18.jpg

What is your point? My Thunderbolt has been unplugged for 2 hours with full screen brightness and I've been on here and done 2 speed tests and made a call and I'm down to 89 percent.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Make sure to take a pic of the phone slightly angled, so we can clearly see the extended battery poking out the rear end of this phone! :)

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
My Thunderbolt would sometimes last 6 hours and sometimes it would last over a day. I really liked the phone other then that and the poor quality control.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am in a 3G market (until later summer) and with moderate use, email, a little web surfing, it just sucked. I had to go extended battery to get a day out of it and got tired of the bulk and weight. I know the Charge is super light and for some the plastic materials make it cheap, well I still say it makes it light. Every phone I have purchased has been resold in mint condition so I see no reason why the Charge won't look that way in the end even if it is plastic and super light.

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
What is your point? My Thunderbolt has been unplugged for 2 hours with full screen brightness and I've been on here and done 2 speed tests and made a call and I'm down to 89 percent.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

They are using Advanced Task Killer on the phone. Task killers tend to stop apps that the phone keeps relaunching, which then causes a power struggle between the phone and the task killer. Ultimately it hurts battery life more than anything else

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084