Review Charge battery life shorter than Thunderbolt

tradercj

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
This review does a test between battery life comparing the Thunderbolt and Charge

Droid Charge Review | Ubergizmo

I am not sure how others use their phones, but I will be coming over from a Blackberry so I have my phone checking for new mail constantly. This has me concerned because I was waiting for the Charge.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chrisy

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Any Android won't last as long as a BlackBerry because BlackBerry phones don't do much. Most folks didnt browse on their BB because it's torture. They have smaller screens, and not near as many features and options. Barely any apps, YouTube was horrible, no fun games, small screens.

You will be trading battery life for functionality. To me it's well worth it. I can actually use my browser, apps, widgets, games, video! I got an extended battery so I can do what I want on this device.

Now my screen is bright, GPS apps on, I browse a lot...and I don't worry about battery life.

Reactions: tradercj

tradercj

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
So if someone is using the phone mostly for email, web browsing and of course phone call, does it make more sense to go with the Thunderbolt and the 2750ma extended battery verses the charge with the 1600ma battery. The only reason I was thinking the Charge was I wanted the battery to last the entire day.

rescueswimmer

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I would wait until the Charge is free in the wild before you make your decision. Almost all the reviews that I have read all have said the Charge last 2x as along as the thunderbolt under the same usage.

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing is that he cites the processor for being the reason that it performs poorly in all those speed tests while I've read in many other places, it's Samsung's stupid file system. Then again, I think that would not be something most people care about knowing since they probably won't be able to change it.

I am curious about the battery test. Did he compare it to a Thunderbolt with the 2750 battery or just the standard one? I posted a comment about it.

I'd also contend that the Charge's screen should see less power consumption than the Bolt's. Throw in bloaty Sense, I think it should be much closer in any real test.

fasdf

Banned
May 10, 2011
Visit site
I just read this review too. It's strange to hear that the battery life is so poor when other blogs have said that the battery life is one of the upsides vs the Thunderbolt (Engadget raved about it and BGR implied that it was better than the Thunderbolt).

poloboogie

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Same here my thunderbolt and my girlfriends thunderbolt are a joke when it comes to battery life i watched my gf turn her phone off with 61% left when she turn it right back on it was at 47%(ridiculous), with my charge I went to sleep left it off the charger cause i wanted to see what it would do over night. 85% when I went to sleep about 3:30am, 71% when I woke about 10:39am, if that were the thunderbolt and I left it off the charger for a night it would be telling me warning signs about charge my battery by the time I woke up. It's funny they do reviews on these two phones because the people like me that own the charge and thunderbolt can't compare because there's no contest, bottom line we all know this htc battery are like pay less shoes you know what your getting, but hay a least they update there phones huh! So it will burn even more battery!

poloboogie

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
of course im not worried about battery life verizon sent my extended battery yesterday and im waiting for my fedex to bring me the cover any minute now.
QExM7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG

brianct1972

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Same here my thunderbolt and my girlfriends thunderbolt are a joke when it comes to battery life i watched my gf turn her phone off with 61% left when she turn it right back on it was at 47%(ridiculous), with my charge I went to sleep left it off the charger cause i wanted to see what it would do over night. 85% when I went to sleep about 3:30am, 71% when I woke about 10:39am, if that were the thunderbolt and I left it off the charger for a night it would be telling me warning signs about charge my battery by the time I woke up. It's funny they do reviews on these two phones because the people like me that own the charge and thunderbolt can't compare because there's no contest, bottom line we all know this htc battery are like pay less shoes you know what your getting, but hay a least they update there phones huh! So it will burn even more battery!

Wow, I want your job to be able to get up at 10:39AM :D

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
That battery is for the Continum. Hopefully it is the same for the Charge? the battery cover doesn't look too bad at all. Much better than the extended battery cover for the Thunderbolt.

poloboogie

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
ok heres what i think i love the fact that i dont even have to worry about the words charge my battery, a little pissed that its not that silver color or dosen't have that galaxy s but i guess thats fair sense it's not in the s family, the bulk isn't bad wish it was a little smaller but the biggest surprise is that its still lighter than the thunderbolt(didn't expect that) so i'm glad i got it. if you order it just make sure you order the battery and the cover because i asked the verizon rep if i was going to need a different back cover and he said no, so monday when it arrived it reminded me of how much they know, thats the reason i had to wait til today to get the cover, and yes it does use the same samsung battery as some other samsung phones.
2TXfj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ATaGS.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
EU983.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
xLUrG.jpg
[/URL][/IMG
Ix3x9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

poloboogie

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
ok heres what i think i love the fact that i dont even have to worry about the words charge my battery, a little pissed that its not that silver color or dosen't have that galaxy s but i guess thats fair sense it's not in the s family, the bulk isn't bad wish it was a little smaller but the biggest surprise is that its still lighter than the thunderbolt(didn't expect that) so i'm glad i got it. if you order it just make sure you order the battery and the cover because i asked the verizon rep if i was going to need a different back cover and he said no, so monday when it arrived it reminded me of how much they know, thats the reason i had to wait til today to get the cover, and yes it does use the same samsung battery as some other samsung phones.
2TXfj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ATaGS.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
EU983.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
xLUrG.jpg
[/URL][/IMG
Ix3x9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

poloboogie

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Not much I'm just a hard critic I do think they dropped the ball on naming this device it has such unique shapes, like stealth, charger, or to me it reminds me of my favorite car camaro.

Reactions: tradercj

poloboogie

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
nope thats kinda sucks but im only using it when i know ill be away from home awhile and heavy using it in the process like stuntin on my friends iphones and stuff

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital