Another Day... another Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's Thursday the 12th, and I don't see any of the devices rumored to be released today...

Droid X2
HTC Trophy
LG Revolution
Samsung Charge

I'm beginning to wonder why we spend so much time speculating and reading into these release dates... seems that none of them are coming true.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
because it gives us something to hope for then get mad at and hope again until they finally release lol.

CloeHokie

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I got a bunch of them in stock at my store last week but am not allowed to sell them until they are released. So it should be soon.

CloeHokie

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess this takes away one the rumors that the delay was to give the white iphone 2 weeks of sales.

That would not shock me at all. Verizon has bent over backwards for Apple. I got an email advising me to replace the Thunderbolt Unlimited Data Plan posters with the White iPhone Unlimited Data posters. Lmao

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
These delays are only causing me to second guess whether I want to upgrade with VZW, or start looking at other options.

Frankly, I've been looking since January. They've lost out on $30/mo data since I've been waiting on the Bionic and haven't seen anything peak my interest in the meantime.

Euphzilla03

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
These delays are only causing me to second guess whether I want to upgrade with VZW, or start looking at other options.

Frankly, I've been looking since January. They've lost out on $30/mo data since I've been waiting on the Bionic and haven't seen anything peak my interest in the meantime.

I see where you're coming from...I've been debating if I should stick with them or not mysef. These delays are out of control.

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
If you plan on switching or checking out sprint make sure you see the new coverage map on their site. Might as well go with cricket at this point.

CloeHokie

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I can see where you are coming from but having been working with VZW for 8 years I can say they do delay a lot of their phones but its almost always to make sure it is working properly. A lot of companies rush them out then they have a lot of issues. Not to say that all phones work flawlessly out of the box but the delays are usually for the better of the device.

Euphzilla03

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I think the delay would be more easy to stomach if Verizon hadn't done the big hunt for the phone and all the promotions just to have it go MIA...

CloeHokie

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the delay would be more easy to stomach if Verizon hadn't done the big hunt for the phone and all the promotions just to have it go MIA...

Good point. I even got all sorts of signs/posters for launch day then had to take them down. Sitting on Inventory too.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am downloading the OTA update now for my Thunderbolt. Depending on how that update goes and if it fixes the problems/bugs that it is supposed to fix, I might not have a need for the Charge anymore.....

Bryan

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Let us know what it fixes and if you get more than 5 hours of battery life. I would be interested as well.

I can't answer for the 3g/4g handoff functionality, but I can speak to the fact that on my TB the gps is just as useless AFTER the update as it was prior. Tried multiple times while at lunch to get my location in Google Maps and every single time "location not available at this time". Same old BS from our good friends at VZW.

Some are concerned about updates or lack of updates from the Charge. Honestly I could give a crap about updates. I just want it to work as advertised out of the box!

Bryan

ellje

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I can't answer for the 3g/4g handoff functionality, but I can speak to the fact that on my TB the gps is just as useless AFTER the update as it was prior. Tried multiple times while at lunch to get my location in Google Maps and every single time "location not available at this time". Same old BS from our good friends at VZW.

Some are concerned about updates or lack of updates from the Charge. Honestly I could give a crap about updates. I just want it to work as advertised out of the box!

Bryan

Agreed.

This reason alone has me looking at iPhones again. I've tried to avoid it for quite some time now, but I can't find a single Android phone on VZW that doesn't have operation quirks. As much as I don't want to buy an Apple product, I'd give that up to have something that just works.

Reactions: peterr22

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Bryan

I haven't had ANY issues with ANYTHING on my Thunderbolt even before the update. Sometimes there are just bad phones or you may be in a bad area. I'm not noticing any negative effects since the update and I think the battery has actually gotten better. I'm streaming Radio Companion and there has been very minimal battery drain.

peterr22

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Agreed.

This reason alone has me looking at iPhones again. I've tried to avoid it for quite some time now, but I can't find a single Android phone on VZW that doesn't have operation quirks. As much as I don't want to buy an Apple product, I'd give that up to have something that just works.

I agree with that completely

CloeHokie

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Agreed.

Working at VZW I can tell you I have plenty of iPhones come in with issues. Mostly the ear piece not working. The difference is with ANY other phone I can get them a replacement and troubleshoot the issue. The iPhone? Go call Apple Care or hope there is an Apple store close to you.

I use the Droid 2. I have had no issues. Maybe once every 2 months it will turn off and back on. But I blame that on my constant rooting and tinkering. Lol

4G is new and I expected there to be issues with the devices until they get it worked out right. I would just avoid a 4G unless you have to have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad